Wisconsin BofA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisconsin BofA

I am now at about 2 years with having made no mortgage payments - Sept 2009 was last payment. In January 2010 my debts - including mortgage - were discharged in Ch. 7 BK. About a year ago I received a letter from BofA stating my mortgage was being sent to their "Foreclosure Review" department. I have not heard anything since. I keep checking the Wisconsin circuit court web site but no lawsuit has yet been filed against me.
    Before filing BK I had tried on 3 occasions to modify my loan. Each time they came up with something that would reduce my payment by an amount so small it didn't help or they would reduce the payment amount for 3 months - each time it was a joke - no help whatsoever. In March 2010 as I was preparing to go another round with them in the modification dance, the company I had worked for for 20 years went out of business due to the recession. I decided to not even attempt another modification. Figured the debt had been discharged so I'd just sit tight till they kicked me out while I looked for another job.
    I am still in the house and taking advantage of this time with no mortgage/rent payment to go back to school. Looks like I might just make it here till I graduate next May.
    Wondering if anyone else in Wisconsin is in similar situation with BofA? My loan originally was owned by Countrywide so maybe that makes a difference as to why there's been no action?

Same thing here in Minnesota. Mine was also Countrywide and is now BofA. My last payment was June 2010. Bk was just this past month. Have heard nothing.

Mine was a little different because I was unemployed for over a year before I finally bk'd and kept paying for the house until I came to my senses (thanks to this website!) Also, they hemmed and hawed and had me send in duplicate documentation on 3 different occassions until I finally gave up. THEN, when I filed bk, they started sending me fed-ex packages for a modification - asking for the same documents I'd sent tthem 3 times.

Now I just patiently wait until they do something. Have no idea what is going on. Just keep saving the money until they do something.

Comment

This is happening in many states with BofA...mine included. It will be 2 years this Oct of no payments. No court date till next year. I think this may be unique to BofA/Countrywide mortgages. Its good if you want to stay as long as possible, and not too good if you don't.

Comment

I also have a BofA Mortgage that was previously with Countrywide. I live in New Mexico, last payment was May 2009, filed BK October 2009, discharged February 2010. I keep wondering how much longer we can stay in the home. BofA has paid the insurance and taxes. My attempts to work this out with BofA was frustrating so I just gave up.

Comment

I also have BoA, was CW...I am behind about 30 days on my HELOC, but make payments every 30 days as well. My neighbor walked away from their house (also BoA) haven't made a payment in over a year and nothing yet. We are also in WI.
          Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
          341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
          Last day for objections: 7-14-08
          Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Same here. BOA previously CW and no payments made since April 2010 (in MO). I really thought that perhaps they're waiting until my ch13 is discharged (8 months left) since they haven't even gotten the Automatic Stay lifted yet. But the reality may be the MERS system and the CW mess up. It floors me just how long this is all taking!
            CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
            Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X