Anyone in Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in Michigan?

Is any one on here going through foreclosure in Michigan? I was just wondering what your personal experiences were. Some people are telling me to expect 1 year from first missed payment, some are saying sheriff sales are really behind and expect longer. I did the 14 day reply to extend it 90 days while I talk to my lender but wonder if sheriff sales are set up quickly if we go into actual foreclosure.

My friend banked with BOA and they acted pretty quickly...sheriff sale was within 120 days of missed payment. Guess it depends. These days I would expect the unexpected. She ended up filing a 13 to stop the sale.

Comment

Look up "right of redemption" in Michigan. A friend of mine went through this and had 6 months from the date of the Sheriff's Sale to redeem. After the 6 months passed, he then had another 30 days or so to actually be out of the house. Now, if you vacate the house than there are different rules.

SG

Comment

Thanks for the replies I was just wondering if it was pretty much on schedule. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
          Look up "right of redemption" in Michigan. A friend of mine went through this and had 6 months from the date of the Sheriff's Sale to redeem. After the 6 months passed, he then had another 30 days or so to actually be out of the house. Now, if you vacate the house than there are different rules.

SG
          And if your on over 3 acres the redemption period is 12 months.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X