Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are we in the process? Ohio

Hi All,

Our bankruptcy was discharged 2 years ago. Our mortgage WAS included in bk, but we continued to make payments for a while.

We were served a complaint of foreclosure in July of last year, the 28 day answer period was up on August 11 and basically we haven't heard anything else from anyone else since then.

We recently called the court and they told us that they wouldn't do anything else until the bank requested a judgment. I guess they haven't done that.

Any idea what happens next? Who will contact us next? I'm afraid that we'll get notice from someone that we have to be out of the house immediately.

You have plenty of time. I would guess a minimum of 6 more months, even longer if you try to delay the foreclosure.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Hi OhioFiler,

I really appreciate your response.

Do you know if there is any additional way to try to delay the foreclosure since our BK is already complete and we didn't answer the complaint for foreclosure?

And... do you know who we'll hear from next? Will we get something from the court? The bank? Or will we simply hear that our house has gone to sheriff's sale? At which point will we be told we have to move?

I'm sorry for all the questions and appreciate any insight you might have.

sleepless in ohio

Comment

So here was my process. I had a house in Ohio, but filed in another state. The house started foreclosure, prior to chapter 7. Once we filed (February 2010), the foreclosure was halted. We were discharged in May 2010. Our house stayed with us until February 28, 2011 when it was sold at auction. It took the mortgage company another 3 months to transfer it out of our name in May 2011. One we were discharged, we quit getting anything from the mortgage company. The only way we knew it was selling at auction was by watching the Sheriff's website in our county on a regular basis. It was listed on there about 60 days before the auction. Hope this helps.

Comment

What county are you in?

Comment

Am in Greene County, metoo...

Comment

Our BK was discharged in March 2011. We let the house go into foreclosure, it is way underwater. It was sold at Sheriff auction October 2011. We got an offer for cash for keys (or relocation assistance as they refer to it), and we have to be out the end of February 2012 and will get cash for keys then. We live in Ohio also. Freddie Mac bought the home at the auction and contacted us with options, cash for keys or rent the home, they give you options and time. I called and talked with their rep who was very helpful. The C4K will help with our relocation expenses, ready to move on.
              Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
              Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
              DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

I was in clermont county.

Comment

Thanks lostinnola...

I always thought that you had to be completely moved out PRIOR to the sherriff's sale or you risked losing the contents of the house.

I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Comment

Our BK lawyer sent us a letter notifying of the sheriff sale, we also got notice of sale by the law firm handling the foreclosure. On the day of the sheriff sale I called the sheriff office in the afternoon to see if anyone bought it and it was bought by Freddie Mac. Got a letter in our mailbox (was not sent through USPS) with instructions on it to contact Freddie Mac which I did by phone. They said we would get a letter by mail with the options for relocation assistance or rent, they gave us two options for c4k, one out in 30 days more cash4keys, or in 60 days which is what we took. From our experience, we have been notified the whole way through with options.
                    Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
                    Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
                    DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X