Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosures in ohio

hi!
    We love this forum and have been members for a couple years now..........

My husband filed CH7 and was discharged in March 2011.........I will be filing later this year.

Here is my question. I am looking for information from any of the members about OHIO foreclosures and several of you will be kind enough to posted your experience here in the Buckeye state.

We are BOTH retired and in all honesty DO NOT want to own anything any more. So this is our plan...

When my husband filed we checked "reaffirm" on the papaer BUT Bank of America told us they DO NOT reaffirm. We are doing what they referred to as a "PAY AND STAY" On his credit report it says "Included in Bankruptcy"

We are current on our payment BUT due to failing health we are gettign a LOT of medical bills. This si cutting into our pension and we are hardly making ends meet.

This is our plan: I file for Bankruptcy 7 in my name......
    After discharge we stop making mortgage payments
    Hopefully have enough time to save for moving into an
    apartment.

Here is my Question: We live in Cuyahoga County (CLEVELAND) CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT WHAT OUR TIME FRAME HERE IS?

WE ARE HOPING FOR ABOUT 9-10 MONTHS....I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME OF YOU Ohio folks share your experience. I would be very grateful if you would.

The reason this is so important to us ...........this may sound silly to some BUT all we have is a very old dog who is in early stage cancer and we just cannot imagine having to give him up and most rents do NOT accept dogs in our area. That is the main reason we are waiting. We want to let him stay in the home he was raised in.

We just need to know what the approximate time frame is, the ones listed on the web are old and do not take into consideration the current surge of home losses

Thank you all who reply so very very much

You should easily see 12 months and possibly as much as two years in Cuyahoga county. It's possible they may never take your home in Cuyahoga county. There a hundreds of vacant homes in Cleveland the banks are refusing to take ownership and liability for taxes on.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Hi, we are orginally from Columbus (moved to the south and sun 5 yrs ago) and have a rental there. DH filed chp 7 in December and surrendered the Ohio house. It is with BOA, we are looking at least 18 to 24 months from discharge for foreclosure in Franklin County. Prior to the filing I was working with the DIL dept. at BOA and was about half way through the process (we had tried to short sell it for about 7 or 8 months prior to filing) when DH filed. They told us to call that dept. back when he is discharged so I will try to get DIL again. They never approved the short sale offers so that was wasted time with BOA.

We are a stay and pay in our present home as well. We have decided that we will stop payments starting in March and will surrender the house as we will be moving for DH new job (he graduates from school in May). I will suggest a DIL with this bank as well. We too (although no where near retirement) do not want to own anything again for a vey long time (have owned 2 houses in Ohio and 1 here) and as we have sacrificed greatly for DH to change careers (after suffering financially through 2 lay offs in less than a year) and get another degree, we plan on just enjoying life after BK and starting over. We will be very happy not to be in debt to anyone and start to build up our financial future (and our childs college fund once again). Good Luck with everything! Go Bucks!

Comment

Thank you both so very much! I really appreciated your replies. As I stated we want to stay for a while. Right now BOA is including our taxes in the payment.......we don't pay them separate. The house across from us was vacant for almost 3 years ...at about the 2 1/2 year mark the owners moved out what they had left in it to make it look occupied. But that was almost 2 years ago,....it was sold and at a fantastic price for the buyer. New driveway...new double garge.a beautiful home........I just want us to make it long enuff for our dogs sake......and sadly i doubt that will be over a year.......

Again thank you both so much!

Comment

Awww MakinMeCrazy... you aren't silly. Our furkids are just that... kids - particularly to those of us who are empty nesters. It is wonderful to want to let him be in his home until he can't. They leave such pawprints on our heart.

{{{}}} Hugs to you and your doggy too!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I would say stop paying now, it will take 3-4 months before the bank starts to foreclose, when they file suit, ask court for mediation, don't take the bank's deal, it will take 3 more months to get through court, wait 6 more months for a sale date, wait 6 more months to get to that date, file BK a week before the sale date, get automatic stay, It will take 6 months to get through the BK, they will remove the stay, it will take 6 more months to get a new sale date, the sale date will be 6 months after that, move out 30-60 days after the sale date. You are looking at a minimum of 2 years with no payments, for real.

Comment

I'm from a small town called Palmyra Township (small dot between Ravenna and Lake Milton). I have a relative that was very far behind on her mortgage, filed bankruptcy and the bank told her that they didn't want her house. She is still living in it several years later. Sure, she will never be able to sell it because she has no deed but the bank hasn't expressed any interest int taking it either.

Comment

We live in Northeast Ohio and included our house in our BK which discharged March 2011. Last mortgage payment on our house was May 2009, house went to sheriff sale October 2011, was bought by Fannie Mae. We just moved out last month with a C4K of $2,000. We have a dog and a cat also and had to find a rental that allowed animals. Found a rental, animals adjusted very well, all is good now!
                Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
                Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
                DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X