Wa State Froreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wa State Froreclosure timeline

Anyone know what the approximate timeline from the notice of defualt in Wa. State is? I've seen the governements timeline, but does anyone know that the actual/real timeframe is now. The market is flooded with foreclosures in the greater Seattle area.Think I read somewhere it's something like 13 months. Is this pretty much accurate?

TIA
    filed ch7 - Nov 24 - 08
    341 Meeting - Dec 30 - 08
    Discharged March 04-09
    Case Closed March 09-09

Anyone?

I haven't gotten the defualt notice yet but am expecting it any time now. Really would like to know what to expect. Much planning needing to be done.

Thanks ...
    filed ch7 - Nov 24 - 08
    Discharged March 04-09
    Case Closed March 09-09

Comment

Hi there -

We were with Countrywide/BOA so I'm sure that's the problem here. Last payment on the house was December 2008, received notice of default in March of 2009 and filed BK in April. We were discharged in July 2009 and have NEVER heard anything since unless we call - still get statements each month in the mail showing a huge past due balance but when we call we aren't even in default! According to our attorney we just kind of got lost in the shuffle and BOA doesnt seem to care.

Comment

We're in WA with BofA. Last payment: 3/2009. BK discharge in 8/2009. Heard from the bank in Nov/2009 that they intended to start foreclosure. Then nothing until last week with an offer to do a DIL.

Bottom line: the government timeline for foreclosure is once they actually start the process. When they start the process is a whole separate issue and anybody's guess. I say stay as long as you can and save the cash.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Chase in SW Washington - Greater PDX area which was/is hit hard with foreclosures.

Last payment 09/2010
          BK discharge 03/2011
          NOD served 05/2011 (NOD does not have to be 'filed' here in WA)
          Notice of Appointment of Trustee Filed 05/2011

Nothing other than a couple of FedExes containing info about their homeowner help center in PDX until this month.

This month we got a letter explaining VA Foreclosure consequences. We also got 2 calls this month offering loan mod pre-qualifying.

After speaking at length to a gentlemen this past week who "computed" a rough modified payment amount - we may go try in person for a mod as it appears it will be darn close to the amount of of a decent rental and we would not have to worry about the expenses of moving or finding a place that will accept our beloved pets and finding one that had a/c for my asthma.

We need a place to live for 10-15 years (pre-retirement) and have no misconceptions about our equity position and having not reaffirmed the mortgage means we can still choose to pick up and go when we want/need to. This is more a matter of convenience at this point.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Actually I got the pre-foreclosure options from BoA in Feb. Trying to modify but they conveniently lost some of my documents the 1st go round. Sent in the so called mssing documents again 2 weeks ago and got a call a few nights ago from them telling me the person in charge of my case has some info for me. I asked what the info was but the BoA rep told me he had no idea. Gave them a call yesterday which automatically diverted my call to the person that is handling my case but as is the norm, she is never available and didn't even bother calling me back.

To my knowledge I've not gone into Defualt yet but I do know dealing with BoA is a pain in the butt. There is defintely a convenient lack of communication between their employees. Hell, their computers don't even show that the property was included in my chapter 7 back in 09. Go figure .... :/

BTW, my original mortgage was with Country Wide. Looks like BoA sold my second to Real Time Resolutions last year. Been reading a ton of horror storys regarding RTR and not looking forward to having to deal with them.
            filed ch7 - Nov 24 - 08
            Discharged March 04-09
            Case Closed March 09-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X