Quicken Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quicken Loans

Has anyone used quicken loans who have been through a bankruptcy and foreclosure?

I called Quicken Loans and they said that they count Bankruptcy and Foreclosure on the same timeline to get a home. I had my BK discharged in 1/2010 and foreclosure happened 5/2012. I was hoping to get a house in 1/2012 but the foreclosure messed me up and started the time limit count again.

quicken loans stated that they count the date of the BK as the time frame and 3 years after that I can get a loan with them. That means in 1/2013 I can work with them to get a loan.

This is great news, but I wanted to hear if anyone has worked with them and if it is really true

Are you sure. I always heard 2 years past BK discharge, 3 years past foreclosure for FHA loans. Longer for conventional loans depending on the down payment. Thanks for the info, I have another year and a month to get to the 2 year mark of past discharge. Good luck.

Comment

Yes, I have called them twice already on this. I called them in Janaury 2012 and then again in June of 2012 and they do put BK and Foreclosure on the same timeline, BK being the bigger of the two. If that is the case, then it is great for me, as I am going to be looking to buy a house in january.

Comment

I hope the remarks from Quicken were accurate. I talked to them in March and they said since date of last activity on my credit report was 10/2011, it was 3 years from that date. Now.....I am working to get the reporting of activitity by BoA removed as they are prohibitted from reporting anything after my BK date (8/2009)......good luck to you.

Comment

Since my bankruptcy I have re-established my credit. As soon as I was discharged in 1/2010 I immediately got 2 credit cards and started to rebuild my credit, so I was getting activity. Quicken said that even if I got foreclosed on this year, if I got discharged in the BK on 1/2010 I can get a mortgage in 1/2013 because its 3 years since a BK. We will see when the time comes, but I spoke to two representatives both saying the same thing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X