top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lender just paid property taxes..is foreclosure closer now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lender just paid property taxes..is foreclosure closer now?

Our Ch. 13 is finishing 7 months early (still not sure how, but it's nice!) but no discharge yet. We're letting the house go after several attempts at loan mod. Nothing from the lender (HSBC) except a couple of recent letters "reminding" us of the arrears. When I called county tax collector to confirm what was owed, I was told that we were current as of July, paid by HSBC. Am I to assume that they are getting closer to foreclosure process? We thought they were waiting until the BK discharged rather than petition BK court to lift the stay, but guess they are starting the process now.
    Is paying the taxes their way of protecting their interest in the property?

BOA has paid our taxes and insurance now for 3rd year. Still waiting for our forclosure. I see they are also paying someone 15.00 a month to drive by and report back that we are still living in the house. I finally received something this week toward a request for summary judgement. It was listed under legal expenses.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

It really doesn't indicate any sort of timeline. Property taxes came due, the bank wants to preserve its first lien position, so the bank paid. But yes. foreclosure is eventually going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
        BOA has paid our taxes and insurance now for 3rd year. Still waiting for our forclosure. I see they are also paying someone 15.00 a month to drive by and report back that we are still living in the house. I finally received something this week toward a request for summary judgement. It was listed under legal expenses.
        BOfA also paid my taxes for 4 years now. My guess it's dpes not matter to them since they are reimbursed from whoever they are servicing for. I check my loan balance on the Bloomberg database and they're also going down.. It seems they 're advancing payments and paying taxes for me? It could be part of the servicing agreement. Who knows.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X