Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eviction notice

Hi, all.
    A little background - my wife and I filed for Chap 7 bankruptcy in 2011, and our discharge date was 8/23/11. We did not reaffirm the mortgage and left the premises in November 2011. We were informed that the Sheriff's sale date was 5/31/12. When we went to the house in April to recover a few more belongings, we discovered that the locks had been changed. Didn't think too much about it - we had everything we really needed and we weren't living there anyway. Fast-forward to this evening. I checked the mail after I got home from work and discovered an eviction notice for both the wife and myself. Our court date was today at 8:30am. Problem is, I didn't get the notice until this evening at 5pm. What's really funny is, the notices were mailed to our current address. My questions are, what should we do and should we be worried about this? I appreciate your thoughts, comments and advice.

deverdog

If it were me, I would call the clerk of court and inform them I moved last year, ask if a letter needs to be sent to them. I would not want this on my credit report. I take it as a slam by the bank. keep us posted.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X