Here We Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here We Go

Hello everyone! I checked our clerk of courts website and found that Chase has filed the papers to start the foreclosure process. We haven't received the summons yet although the website indicates we've been served. Chase has our new address so that doesn't make much sense. Anyway, I was wondering since the papers are now filed if they'll change the locks on the house soon. I'm in Ohio so I guess my mileage may vary. Any ideas will be appreciated!

No clue, eh?

Comment

Wow, all these replies are overwhelming! LOL! Maybe my cat knows

Comment

Who know what the answer is to any of this. I finally figured out a few months ago that BOA filed the starting of our foreclosure in december on our house that we have not lived in for about two years, and I could see where they were attempting to have us served with the paperwork by looking at the court website and seeing the documentation noted for the process server not being able to serve us, as we know longer lived at this house. Stupid as BOA had our current address, and was sending us updated info every few months. We just moved into a rented house recently and I went in and updated our bank account address which has our visa cards attached to it, and this in turn updated the credit reports with our current address. Guess who came knocking on our door at 9 pm Sunday night. Thankfully it was a very nice process server, who is going through the same crap as the rest of some of us on here, we just had to laugh at that. Now maybe our life can truly have its final fresh start once this monkey is finally off our backs. One bright note in all the paperwork was delivered, was the acknowledgement of our bankruptcy, and the fact that they would not be pursuing a deficiency because of this, plus noting this was not an attempt to collect the debt, just to give information on the foreclosure and what was going on, which I stunned to see, even though I know that is how it works, for them to put it in the paperwork was wonderful.

So this does not probably help you any, but do know there are others of us going through this and we have no clue what is happening or how long it will take for any of it to get done.
        Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
        DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

Thanks so much, panda! We did get served via certified mail a few days ago, so I suppose one more trip to the house before they lock us out is a good idea. Thanks again for your reply! I realize a lot of us are in the same boat and hopefully will have a good-as-can-be outcome!

Comment

BOA got a judgement against us in 9/2011 and we were served (via mail out of state) after discharge (surrendered the home) in 3/2012 (maybe around April I guess) in OHIO. The process went through and sheriff sale date was set for 1/18/2013, about 4 weeks before sale date BOA sold the mortgage to another servicer and withdrew the sale. They reset everything in motion and it went to sale today (6/7/13) BUT there was no bidder at sale. So you can see that the timeline so far has taken from judgement 9/2011 to actual sale with no bid on 6/7/2013, not sure what happens from here.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X