Any advantage to DIL after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advantage to DIL after discharge?

Our Ch 13 was discharged 3/13, house included. We tried several times for a mod, no success. Now lender is starting foreclosure but no NOD at this point.

I know we have no financial responsibility for the house but my husband really doesn't want to see our name in the paper for the auction. (I know, that's silly, right?! I was able to move through this a little easier than he was) We tried for another mod , just to stall the process, but got the denial letter today Lender is and has always been HSBC, not FreddieMac or Fannie Mae.

I know there was a thread here re their being no advantage to SS or DIL and some definite disadvantage but I cannot find that....was it due to credit report issue? house is not really ours to DIL? A year ago our attorney said same thing, just walk away, but I can't remember the specifics.

Other than the publication, there is no downside to doing nothing, right? Our credit report has already taken the hit with the BK?

Thank you for any insight, suggestions, or just refer me to correct sticky/link. this forum was a tremendous help when we were going through all this....lots of knowledgeable people
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-06-2014, 10:10 PM. Reason: edited to make post easier to read.

Hi knitty:

I edited your post a little to make it easier to read.

We did not have a mortgage tied up in our situation, so I do not really have anything to offer here other than 'Moral Support'.

If it will help any, tell your dear Hub, that very few people, other than the 'pond scum' that are out there, do NOT bother to read the teeny, tiny, mice type print in the Legal section of your paper. You may want to remind him that your BK, and any other action regarding foreclosure and auction, is Public Record. There is nothing to be ashamed of, at all. Your BK, and the eventual disposition of your home--should it come to that--was a BUSINESS decision arrived at, with the best interest of your FAMILY in mind.

Nothing more; nothing less. Period, and End of Subject.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I knew you would come up with a no-nonsense answer Angelina! Thank you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X