foreclosure in NJ - time left after lis pendis October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foreclosure in NJ - time left after lis pendis October 2014

Does anyone know how backed up the courts in NJ are at this time?

Thank you.

Anybody ???

I really need to know - things are very scary right now.

Comment

Tobee43 hasn't been on for a while, but as far as I know, their house in NJ was going on the sixth year of being vacant with no action being taken by the bank...
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I would chance staying in the until they sue for eviction. Stock some cash for that occasion. Live on them for awhile and get ahead of the game. My ex-wife left her place two years ago. It is still vacant and has been broken into several times. It is safer for the mortgage owner to have you guard the place than have it ransacked. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thank you. We are staying and trying to solve a lien problem and then get a reverse mortgage, which would let us stay here.
          I just don't know how much time I have to orchestrate all the paperwork.

Comment

Our first mortgage filed a FC lawsuit against us one year ago today. We stopped paying in March of 2013. They filed FC in October 2013. They got an order of default in September of 2014. The next step is they sent us a letter asking if we intend to cure the default. After 10 days they can file for the final judgment and order. That hasn't happened yet. So in NJ you probably have close to 2 years in your home once you stop paying.
            YMMV. I have done nothing to hide from the process server or filed any kind of frivilous defense. We moved on and would be happy to get it done with.
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X