Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't our govt. ever keep promises?

/Whining ON

They say at the top of the page that they'll update the median income figures on or BEFORE September 12.... Today is September 13 and (as of this posting) the numbers are still not updated.

I realize that in the grand scheme of things the median income figures for people filing bk are not a high priority and no one will die if they don't update them on time... but dammit, _I_ need those numbers! I NEED to know if they're going up or down. Mind you... _I'M_ not going to die without them either... but this hanging out there in limbo not knowing whether I may have to fight for the Ch 7 or not FEELS like it's killing me!!!

/Whining OFF

We now return you to your regularly scheduled useful information site.
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
    341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
    Discharge: 1/12/07
    Closed:1/19/07

Originally posted by LostOne0069 View Post
    /Whining ON

They say at the top of the page that they'll update the median income figures on or BEFORE September 12.... Today is September 13 and (as of this posting) the numbers are still not updated.

I realize that in the grand scheme of things the median income figures for people filing bk are not a high priority and no one will die if they don't update them on time... but dammit, _I_ need those numbers! I NEED to know if they're going up or down. Mind you... _I'M_ not going to die without them either... but this hanging out there in limbo not knowing whether I may have to fight for the Ch 7 or not FEELS like it's killing me!!!

/Whining OFF

We now return you to your regularly scheduled useful information site.
    Federal Govt Agencies are the engines of inefficiency. There is NO incentive for them to work at their best. Only teacher's unions present more inefficiency. Firing a federal employee is nearly impossible. I've contracted with several, and what i've seen is scary. We can start with the 3 hour lunches.

r
    Filed: 05/04/06 (los angeles)
    341: 06/05/06
    Discharged: 8/29/06
    Closed: 9/08/06

Comment

Bleh....That's perpetuating the myth.I'm a govt. employee and have yet to see even a 1/2 hr. lunch break. It feels good though to place us in lifestyles of luxury, eh? I suppose along with your 3 hour lunch breaks, I have killer benefits and an incredible pension as well,huh? Let's kill the b.s. belief that govt. workers have it so great. We're struggling just like the rest of you. Voters don't normally approve raises and benefits for us when they're all hurting. It's only the congressmen and senators that can swing those 3:30 AM sessions to vote in their own raises and benefit increases. The rest of us are just trying to get by like anyone else.

Originally posted by razorguns View Post
      Federal Govt Agencies are the engines of inefficiency. There is NO incentive for them to work at their best. Only teacher's unions present more inefficiency. Firing a federal employee is nearly impossible. I've contracted with several, and what i've seen is scary. We can start with the 3 hour lunches.

r
      Last edited by macsen; 09-13-2006, 03:33 PM.
      U.S. Trustee Filed Motion to Dismiss 11/17/2006
      Filed to Convert to Ch. 13 12/11/2006
      Ch. 13 341 Meeting 01/30/2007
      Ugh...

Comment

Actually, ignore my last. I was just venting like so many of us do in these stressful times. Let's keep thinking the civil servants have it made. It may well actually be true. I'm a law enforcement officer and not covered under Federal Fair Labor Standards. For all I know, there are civil servants out there living it up. My apologies Razor.
        U.S. Trustee Filed Motion to Dismiss 11/17/2006
        Filed to Convert to Ch. 13 12/11/2006
        Ch. 13 341 Meeting 01/30/2007
        Ugh...

Comment

It's updated:

*** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X