Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions???

Hello,

I am new to the board and very happy to have found it given the "overwhelming feeling"I have had since I came to the realization that filing Bankruptcy is my only option given my current financial situation, in which I basically have no funds left over after I pay all my bills to feed myself or my family of 4! This realization has been coming for months, if not years really, as I have been desperately trying to avoid it by exhausting ALL means of credit to the point where I cannot obtain anymore and all my credit is maxed.

After reading many messages on this forum I do feel slightly better (or at least not as bad) about being in this position but it is hard as I avoided filing in my 20's only to be put in the same - though much worse - position 18 years later. Anyway, what is done is done and now that I am at the point that I am $42,000+ in debt and paying over to $1,600 in minimum credit card and short term loan payments a month that as I stated above have left no room to buy food for my family of 4, who I am the main provider for, once all my bills are paid each month so I have to do something as I have no where else to turn.

My questions to you are.........
    • Are all sources of credit - including "short term loans" dis-chargeable? Also, I recently - last month - obtained an additional $1,500 on one of the loans, will this be considered "fraud"?
      • I have four (4) loans in all that total over $17,000 in all and attribute to almost $800 a month in payments, which is what really caused me to get into this position but was unavoidable as I needed the money for a family emergency situation and basically to live off of over the past year+.
    • What is the determining factor in your household size?
      • Currently, it is 4 as my step-son came to live with us a year ago and I do currently support him but he is 21 years old and I if he I am unable to count him I will not pass the Means Test for Chapter 7.
    I did have more questions but answered most after reviewing several topics on the forum but was still unsure on the above so any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you!!!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X