Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preplanning

Hi everyone,

I have met with 2 lawyers and meeting 3rd this week, however would like to file soon. I was told by one lawyer don't worry about whats in collections because it will show up on credit report. But what if I owe doctors office bills how do I report those if not on credit report? I don't want to miss anything. As well how long does it usually take after filing before 341 meeting?

You want to include everyone that you owe money to in your list of creditors -- even if they are not currently reporting on your credit report. Whichever attorney you end up hiring should ask for a list of creditors, if nothing else, you should see what they obtain from your credit report. Make sure to tell them about other accounts that do not appear on your credit report. If you can bring in a statement with the business name, amount owed, creditors address and account number, that should be everything they need.

Regarding the 341 meeting, it is typically between 20-50 days after filing. Your attorney should be able to provide information regarding how long it's taking in your district.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X