Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can they file on this??

ok these people are a joke!!!!

They own about $20,000 to Public aid because they lied and cheated to get food stamps.....and now the state found out...LOL...maybe with help from a little birdie !!
    Anyways they are now bragging that they are gong to file BK to get rid of it. Can they??? I thought you can't file when the debt is owed to the state or government? i told her I don't think she can..and she said they filed on taxes before...so this is not her first BK..what a lowlife!!! Well what to expect they abuse illegal subtances..ALL the time!!!

They are a family of 4...he makes about $47,000 a year, live in IL, they have NO car payment....no CC.....only rent $740.00 and utilies.....won't they fall in CH 13??...she is bragging that they are going to screw over everyone..they own the landlord over $3000. They said they are moving next May....we can only HOPE!!!!!

Any thought??

THEY'LL "GET THEIRS," IT'S JUSTA MATTER OF TIME, WONDERING IF THEIR LAWYER IS CROOKED!

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

if he makes that much - he won't pass the means test.

not sure if the debt can be removed. guess the trustee will know.

pick better friends.

r
      Filed: 05/04/06 (los angeles)
      341: 06/05/06
      Discharged: 8/29/06
      Closed: 9/08/06

Comment

Oh....We know!!! We were friends, cause they live RIGHT next door. We didn't know how shady they really were. Sad thing is we can't avoid them, and their brat grandson...he is such a trouble maker!!! He talks back, swears all the time, and is always getting in trouble....he is the poster child for "white trash!"
        We have been here 8 yrs and it has always been a nice, quite neighborhood, but lately it has gone down hill. That is the reason we filed BK, to get a fresh start and get the hell out of here!!!
        I was reading and some debt is occurred due to fraud can not be discharged, and I say lying to the government, and cheating the system to get food stamps would be fraud!!!!
        People like that ruin it for the families who truly need the temporary help!!

Comment

Their last filing was obviously before the bk law changes. It's a lot harder to file on back taxes now and they're also going to have a problem filing on $20k worth of restitution owed to the state as it was debt fraudulently obtained. I'd say that they're in for a shock when they go in front of the trustee.
          Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
          341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
          Discharge: 1/12/07
          Closed:1/19/07

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X