Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReAffirmation Agreement - Mobile Home

Hello All,

I am new to the forums here and I am looking for some information. I am looking to confirm my thinking, and also what the lawyer had informed me when we completed our Bankruptcy.

We filed after the new law change, and our Bankruptcy has been discharged since Feb-March 06 Time frame. We included our Mobile Home (Double Wide Trailer) in the Bankruptcy. We did notsign a reaffrimation agreement for the Mobile Home. We are interested in moving out/vacating the residence for a "normal" home. From what I understand all I have to do is to give the Mortgage company (for mobile home) a 30 day notice, turn in the keys and walk away from the debt. Is this correct ?

Welcome NJdotcom.

Yes, you are correct in your thoughts. The mortgage company will go into the foreclosure process (the only legal way to get the title back) and you can walk away. However, if you have some time, you might want to look into selling it, pay off the mortgage and pocket any profit you may get for a down payment on your new place.

Good Luck
    Filed: 08/09/06
    341: 09/18/06
    Discharged: 11/22/06
    Closed 11/30/06

Comment

see, mobile homes are like cars not worth the amount you buy them for from the day you buy them. they make nice cheap homes, but they never make a profit. thanks for the agreement of thoughts.

Comment

Loans for "Manufactured Housing" can vary. You could have either a traditional mortgage or a regular secured loan much like a car or furniture.

If you have a Mortgage, the Lender will have to go thru Foreclosure to get the Title back.

If you have a "Secured Loan", the Lender can basically repossess the home.

You need to know which kind of loan you have and check the State and/or Local Laws to see how long you'll have.

If you have a Mortgage, with a "Right of Sale" clause, and you live in a Quick Foreclosure State, the Foreclosure Sale could happen in as little as 60-90 days. If your State requires Judicial Foreclosure, it could take months to a couple of years.

The importance of knowing how quickly the process will take is the issue of Liability. As long as the Title is in your name, you need to maintain insurance to protect yourself against Liability. Slip and Fall. Someone falls and breaks a leg, your name is on the Title, you are Liable.

So be sure to check into that as well.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Reaffirmation

Check this link out, it might help/explain the process more!

Use Bankrate.com's free tools, expert analysis, and award-winning content to make smarter financial decisions. Explore personal finance topics including credit cards, investments, identity protection, auto loans, retirement, credit reports, and so much more.

Best wishes, Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X