What's on the calendar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's on the calendar?

Hi, I realize most people here are in the same boat I am of having not completed the bankruptcy process (and we may be ahead of most folks here), but, a question:

We filed bankruptcy 3 months ago.

Trustee meeting took place about 6 weeks ago.

Trustee ordered us to submit further paperwork including our 2004 income tax return, all of which I gave him a month ago. (This particular trustee has a reputation for being a real stickler for details!)

What events remain on the calendar, and when exactly do we know that this chapter of our lives is finally and completely and irreversibly OVER?

I know we should be hearing something from the court that the bankruptcy is discharged, but I understand this isn't necessarily the end.

I understood from our lawyer that things aren't really over until the trustee either hands in some kind of official notice to the court that he's done, or maybe the court dismisses him? Not clear on that detail.

I understood that if we experience some kind of windfall during 180 days after filing bankruptcy (e.g, lottery or some rich relative dies), then that becomes an issue.

And I read something here about creditors being able to challenge the discharge until 6 months after discharge? Is that what I understood?

So you see, I'm not clear on the details from here on out. Can anybody help me with some good clarification regarding exactly what remains on the calendar, and when we're totally DONE? Thanks!

So no one really has a good sense of what's on the calendar?

Comment

Lots of things could still happen, I think you're not off the hook until a year has passed. Look in the Chp7 posts.
      Edyta...
      Discharged April 2005

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X