Do attorneys think we are all stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do attorneys think we are all stupid?

Folks, I realize that there are some folks in the world who truly abuse our system to try and get ahead. But I would bet the majority of us on here have some legitimate reason for having filed coupled with our lack of spending control.

But now to the point. I told my attorney months ago that I need remedy NOW, and please get witht the trustee. Well, she always says they don't return calls, yada, yada, yada. "I'm doing all I can" is a favorite. So a week ago I told her I was going to take all my documentation and go visit the trustee and see if I could get his offices attention. Well, she called and told me not to do that, she had "2 hours" blocked off for my case on Friday and she would let me know what happened.

So a week goes by, and nothing from her. So I call her office, leave messages, send her emails, still no response. My last email and phone message stated my intentions, if I don't hear from you by Friday I am going to the trustee.

Apparently she thinks I'm trying to bluff her or something. I didn't get to be an engineering manager using my good looks, I used the 136IQ god blessed me with and a little luck along the way. So, I sent my trustee a beautiful email stating what my attorney has told as to why things are not moving forward, copied him all the documentation, and copied my attorney.

I think the line that is going to stick out is the one that says "either my attorney is lying to me and not providing you the documentation, or your office is ignoring it". That was the only hostile line in the letter. Anyway, I'm done venting and down off my soapbox for now.

Sounds pretty fair to me, DOA.

You've given your attny sufficient time to work to resolve your issues. The attny has done squat for you. I don't blame you one bit for taking matters into your own hands.

You are struggling now. I don't really see how ruffling the Trustee's feathers can make your situation much, if any worse.

So what if this is the Politically Incorrect thing to do??!! I'm a firm believer when faced with making a decision, making the wrong choice is better than making no choice at all. By standing still you cannot improve your status. At least by getting out there and trying you accomplish something.

And your hostile statement,........... "either my attorney is lying to me and not providing you the documentation, or your office is ignoring it.",............. Doesn't seem to be finger pointing to me. Just you see some sort of break down in communication. You don't know where the problem is, but you are working to fix it.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thank SinkingFast, I really needed to hear that from another human being other than my wife. After I sent the email I kept thinking about how I might be alienating the two folks that I need, but then I remembered that I pay one of them, and the other gets paid to handle it. It's his job as trustee, so he either agrees or disagrees, it's not like he can take my soul.

Comment

Exactly why I'm glad I fired my attorney before I filed... even if it cost me $2000. He would have screwed up our case royally... instead I have a smooth sailing chapter 7 pro-se.
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
        341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
        Discharge: 1/12/07
        Closed:1/19/07

Comment

I did the same thing in a different fashion that worked every time...

I would send a letter to my attorney that needed attention and copied it to the Trustee. Never failed to get a response from either the attorney or trustee.

Now make sure you only copy to the trustee what you want the trustee to read....
          www.creditnewsblues.com

Comment

Well, it's Friday morning and no response from either my attorney or the trustee. Guess they both are good at ignoring folks. Oh well, I guess I will just show up at the trustee's office in the morning and see how long it takes to annoy them into seeing me.

Comment

If you are not happy with your attorneys work don't tell me, file a grivence with the state bar and that will change things. You can bet on it.
              regards,
              emoney

Comment

A friend of mine who filed BK a few years ago had an attorney who moved very slow. Some of the other people using the same attorney at the same time filed a grievance (she didn't) and afterwards he got to work on his cases, including hers. It can't hurt to give it a try.
                Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
                TU: 535

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X