Direct Deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Deposit

My wifes company only pays employees with Direct Deposit, I know I can get an exemption on my wifes check of about $800, but will the exemption apply only to the check or money in the bank on the day we file? or in other words if my bank accounts are in the trustees possesion we would not be able to write ckecks for our utilities and regulars bills and such until we got our dicharge?

I'm not quite sure how it works?

Time your filing. File right before wife get's paid. Or right after you've had a chance to pay your bills.

If you have a Debit Card for this acct, start using that. Money is taken out almost immediately. Buy Money Orders to pay the bills with. Wait a day or 2 for the Debit on the MO purchase to clear, then file.

Or,......... File the day before payday. Make sure your bank balance is at it's absolute lowest it can be. Grocery shop. Buy Money Orders to pay bills. Whatever you need to do to take care of necessities to reduce your bank balance immediately prior to filing.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

My employer requires DD and my attorney didn't give me any choices about the filing date, so...it's wait and see, I guess. I filed on 11/30 and there's rarely much money in my account except right after I get paid so if they wanted to take anything they'd have to time it just right. So far nothing has been taken from my account so I guess I'm safe.
      Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
      TU: 535

Comment

My attorney filed my case on payday. That day, I was paid, and I withdrew $550 in cash, mainly to pay rent. The trustee didn't give me any grief at all about it - he didn't even ask about it.
        DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X