Mistakes by the paralegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mistakes by the paralegal

I am so paranoid about mistakes being made when we do file. I know a paralegal will be doing the paperwork. Maybe the one doing ours will do everything but show up at the 341 meeting.

I was advised on this board to check everything. How do I go about checking the paperwork before it is filed? Do they let you look things over? Plus, if I could discover mistakes, I'd be doing the paperwork myself.

How many of you have caught mistakes that could have had serious consequences???

toomuch
    ~~~ Toomuch ~~~

Filed Chapter 7 - 10/15/08
    341 Meeting - 11/13/08

The paperwork is almost always done by paralegal. My attorney and I went over the paper together several times, making corrections.

Comment

I can only speak from my own experience here but I think it's standard procedure to have the client review everything before the paperwork is filed. The paralegal at my lawyer's office didn't have me review every piece of paper but she did go over the list of creditors, amounts owed, etc. and asked me to verify that it was correct. I had an updated list of information with me, including an updated budget and we made the necessary revisions as we went over the information. It was only after I verified that all the info was correct that I signed the BK papers. Hope this helps
      Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
      TU: 535

Comment

12/12/06 - Filed No Asset Chapter 7 - 85K on CC's
        01/16/07 - 341 drum circle 02/06/07 -US Trustee Review
        03/19/07 - Objection Deadline - 03/21/07 Discharged/Closed
        sigpic

Comment

Ok, great. I will ask for that when the time comes and hopefully it will be right.
          I am so upset with myself for letting things get to this point. I should have known better.

Toomuch
          ~~~ Toomuch ~~~

Filed Chapter 7 - 10/15/08
          341 Meeting - 11/13/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X