top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone work under 40 hours per week, and filed BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone work under 40 hours per week, and filed BK?

Curious if trustee would have made any comments about that. In my line of work, 32 hours is considered full time/benefits.

I worked part time. The trustee didn't even care at all.
    DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Comment

I'm a SAHM. Trustee didn't question that at all.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I work at home and make about 3K gross per year but pay out 115 per month for child care, 40 per month in business expenses and with taxes this nets me about 80.00 per month. Not a word was said about what do I do, how little I make or why am I paying child care and most importantly, it was never suggested that I should go back to work full time. Hope that helps.
        I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

I read you can be unemployed and still be able to file. That would keep you out of Ch13 for sure. I THINK.
          AND I might ADD, I was in Ch13 because I had 2 full time jobs. I PURPOSELY quit one job so I could convert to Ch7 and not have to pay anything back. I was only in an unconfirmed plan for 3 months and was sending the Trustee $250 a month but he objected to the plan and sent me before the Bk Judge. The law does not require one to work 80 hours a week let alone to remain in a Ch13 "forever," as it seems. I even got all my money back from the Trustee minus his admin fees!

Best wishes, Catchmeifyoucan

Hey SamanthaJones Ive seen you post for awhile but do not know your story, are you currently filing? You can PM if you'd like.
          Last edited by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN; 03-03-2007, 01:33 AM. Reason: additional info
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I worked 30-35 hours per week at the time and the trustee didn't say anything either.

Comment

I filed Ch 13, however, we did have hubby's income. But if one were unable to work but had sufficient income to fund a ch 13, I don't see any reason that should stop one from being able to file a 13 if they wanted/needed to file.

Comment

Good to hear all of this.

I could still work two jobs, 70 hours per week...OR I could work 32 hours per week and the rest of the time tend my gardens (not to mention my NAILS~). I don't see much point working more to fund a chapter 13 for unsecured debts?

Comment

After tending to your garden, you're gonna need to attend to your nails. I don't see much time left for a second job

Comment

After tending nails, then there is time for eat & sleep, and I don't see much time for a third job ever too.

Comment

In fact?

I'll claim that tending my nails IS my second job? ~

Comment

"....I don't see much point working more to fund a chapter 13 for unsecured debts?..."

Nope. You wouldn't even get a thankyou note from the creditors..

You can do that after you file for Ch7, and use the extra income to fund a better life for yourself.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X