top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Discover keep increasing my credit limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Discover keep increasing my credit limit?

Just curious why my credit line with Discover card just got automatically increased? I am SO over extended in credit, it's not even funny. I owe around $70K and I'll be filing less than $16K worth of 2006 taxes.

What do you folks think???

Maybe they think they are doing you a favor: Keeping you from getting "over limit" charges. LOL Maybe they are attempting to bait you into charging a large amount. Seriously, I think there are so many divisions of CC companies that any one division has no clue as to what is happening in other divisions (such as collections). My roommate actually had to call a CC and tell them to reduce the limit. It took several months for the company to respond.

Comment

oh c'mon. Exercise some self discipline? Put the card away in a safe deposit box? We should try to take responsibility for our own action?

Comment

they are wreckless and acting with abandon, is all.

It's spiraling out of control, their greed is taking over. It'll blow sometime later this year.

Comment

We haven't paid on a CC in over 2 months.
          Yet now we seem to be getting even more pre-approved offers and offers to refinance our house.
          Doesn't make any sense to me.
          7/01/10 - filed!
          11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

Seems True

Maybe they think they are doing you a favor: Keeping you from getting "over limit" charges. LOL Maybe they are attempting to bait you into charging a large amount. Seriously, I think there are so many divisions of CC companies that any one division has no clue as to what is happening in other divisions (such as collections). My roommate actually had to call a CC and tell them to reduce the limit. It took several months for the company to respond.

You could be right. I had a $15,000 consolidation loan out, and 2 credit cards from the credit union.
            A co-worker was telling me that I could apply for another credit card with them because it is a different division they dont "check in" with each other. Even though I owed $10,000 on their VISA. BOOM, sure enough I got another credit card (MASTER) with a $10,000 limit. You'd think they would deny me as I had enough credit and owing at that, but nooo they were more than happy to give me more credit!

CMIYC
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X