A few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few Questions

I had my 341 on 4/3/07 the the attorney said everything went well.
    He did say he was intrested in looking at two vehicles in my name.
    One is paid off 1999 chevy s10 and one owing more than its worth
    a 2000 mazda 626 which the ex has out of state. I dont care if they take the mazda as I just got divorced because the ex put us in debt and i know she will not pay for the mazada any way. Just got my final divorce the week before the 341. Here are my questions.......today in the mail It two letters
    from the bankruptcy court and cant call the lawyer until and the to what these forms are is killing me. One is a"Notice to file proof of claim or intrest"
    and the other is "Motion for relief of automatic stay" which is from the bank holding the note on the mazda Anyinfo would be much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Ice
    Thanks,

Chris

The motion for relief from stay means, the bank is going to try and repo the mazda,
    The other form looks like you've been noticed that the trustee believes there are assets and is instructing creditors to file a proof of claim.

Comment

The Notice to file Proof of Claims is just a letter to all the creditors you owe money to and if they want a piece of the pie they need to file proof that you owe money to them so if you are in a ch13 repayment plan of ch7 asset case, some of the money will go to them.
      Motion for relief of stay: I THINK the creditor is asking for the automatic stay to be lifted, they want their money/asset ASAP.

Don't worry others will chime in here to lend their experience/knowledge

CMIYC
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I received a motion for relief of stay for a vehicle shortly after filing. It was for a vehicle that I was planning to surrender. According to my attorney, the creditor could not repo or auction off the car due to the automatic stay so it was simply a request to lift the stay for that vehicle so they could sell it and recover whatever they could sooner (before discharge). It was no big deal for me since I was going to surrender the vehicle anyway.
        Filed: 12-06 341 : 03-07 (moved back)
        LD OB:04-07 no objections!! Discharged: 4/18/07
        Closed: 06/06/07 :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X