top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do submit to prove your living expenses? Do you need a reciept for every little

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Granny
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
    Wanna bet? No new clothes in more than FIVE YEARS-on over 100k in income.
    Can I make a friendly suggestion DMC? You need to look at your income, not as your gross income, but at what you net. Two very different figures. Sure it feels good to say the income is over 100K, but that's not really spendable income to you...you got business expeneses that have to come out of that first...then you get to spend the rest.

    Looking at it that way helped me to face the reality.

    Leave a comment:


  • whatamess
    replied
    Ohhhh

    So that was YOU I pulled my precious beasties away from in the shredded attire yesterday? (j/k)
    I also went out and bought some new threads with my money this month. I was tired of wearing shabby clothes that didnt fit. I didnt buy expensive clothes, but decent enough to last awhile. Bought my kids new sneakers, sandals, bathing suits, now next paycheck we will take care of hubbys summer needs. I was so happy to have clothes that didnt have bleach stains!
    WAM

    Leave a comment:


  • DeadManCrawling
    replied
    Originally posted by lrprn View Post
    reasonable amount for clothes every month in your list of expenses so it can be included in your figures. No one can go five years without buying at least some new clothes Hope this helps!
    Wanna bet? No new clothes in more than FIVE YEARS-on over 100k in income.

    You oughta see me at the mall. Mothers hide their children as I walk by. I look like an extra from the tv program COPS

    Leave a comment:


  • loonzilla
    replied
    From what i've seen from pacer cases in my area, the averages for the normal expenses are about the same (food, clothing, entertainment, ect.) on most of the cases. If you put down a higher number than what the trustee normally sees, that is when having receipts will protect you. I've been saving receipts for 4 months, but will probably only have to show my medical since that will be a higher amount than they are used to seeing. However, it's a great tool to see where your money goes! I should have used Quicken years ago!

    Leave a comment:


  • SinkingFast
    replied
    Originally posted by stopthebleeding View Post
    I thought the point of the means test was to show you where poor do they still run you through the scond test with your living expenese. thanks guys.
    Beyond the Means Test, your attny will fill out Schedule J. That's your actual living expenses. Not Schedules Allowables, but what you actually pay for food, clothes, rent/mortgage, insurances, and such.

    As Lrprn said, the attny doesn't want a bag full of receipts. Your attny wants a $$$ figure for each category.

    The major ones that we pay every month are easy. It's all the little stuff you might forget about. Like pet expenses, hair cuts, school/work lunches, etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • lrprn
    replied
    Originally posted by stopthebleeding View Post
    I have paid the attorney and I am gettign my homework done(paperwork)together. It says to give copies of receipts for livng expenses. So do I need to sumbit every little receipt for clothes . groceries, gas , presrciptions tec. I thought the point of the means test was to show you where poor do they still run you through the scond test with your living expenese. thanks guys.
    What your attorney is looking for is a list of monthly averages that you can prove with receipts - I don't think he/she wants you to show up in the office with a paper bag full of receipts and then figure it out there .

    There's an excellent expenses calculator at http://www.ca-bankruptcy-attorneys.c...alculator.html to help you not forget what everyone usually forgets (Right now that site appears to be offline - if it's still offline when you try it, here's another expenses calculator site that's pretty good - http://finance.yahoo.com/calculator/...dgeting/bud-02 ) If you don't know your monthly averages, then go back through your checkbook and credit card receipts and write down what you are paying out and to whom to get an idea.

    If you are filing for Ch 13, you will also need to tell your lawyer what you would *reasonably pay* for that living expense, not what in your bankrupt state you may actually be paying at the moment. For example, if you aren't buying clothes to save money right now, you still need to include a reasonable amount for clothes every month in your list of expenses so it can be included in your figures. No one can go five years without buying at least some new clothes Hope this helps!
    Last edited by lrprn; 04-23-2007, 06:23 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • CATCHMEIFYOUCAN
    replied
    if you are spending more than the allowable IRS standards, they want proof and every bit counts. even if you spend a $1 for a pack of gum !

    Best of Luck, CMIYC

    Leave a comment:


  • what do submit to prove your living expenses? Do you need a reciept for every little

    I have paid the attorney and I am gettign my homework done(paperwork)together. It says to give copies of receipts for livng expenses. So do I need to sumbit every little receipt for clothes . groceries, gas , presrciptions tec. I thought the point of the means test was to show you where poor do they still run you through the scond test with your living expenese. thanks guys.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X