What to wear to 341 Meeting tommorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to wear to 341 Meeting tommorrow?

I know, dumb question. But I'm stressing and I should probably wear the shirt & tie, right?
    Filed Chapter 7 on 5-11-07 :aggress:
    341 Meeting on 6-13-07 :yes2:
    Discharged on 8-23-07 :yahoo::yahoo:
    Closed on 10-10-07 :D

Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post
    I know, dumb question. But I'm stressing and I should probably wear the shirt & tie, right?
    LOL! Nope. You can dress casual if you'd like.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Hubby and I had to take time off of work to go so we just showed up in what we wore to work. Me - t-shirt and jeans, hubby - slacks and a polo. Other than one older lady and the lawyers no one was dressed up. Actually one of the lawyers wasn't even dressed up. He was in slacks and a casual shirt (of course I wasn't terribally impressed with him).
      We figured we were officiall stating that we are too broke to pay our debts - no one would expect us to dress up too much.

Wear whatever you will be comforatable in. The only thing I'd avoid is expensive jewlery or designer duds.
      Filed: 10/26/2006
      Discharged: 03/05/2007
      Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

I wore t-shirt and jeans, my everyday wear lol. Hubby wore his work uniform because he only took enough time off to go there and then go back to work. Just wear what's comfortable.
        "Try to save money. Someday it may be valuable again." - Anonymous

Comment

At my 341, the attire was all over the lot.
          I wore a nice dress shirt and slacks with sportcoat and tie. One lady wore surgical scrubs, one guy was in jeans and a fannel shirt with an enormus beltbuckle.
          Whatever you wear, just dress neatly and as stated before, no expensive jewelry.

Comment

We haven't even filed yet, but I'm assuming that my 341 meeting will necessitate me taking some time off from work, so I'll just wear what I wear to work, slacks and a polo.

Good luck Beach Bum, keep your chin up.
            Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
            341: 2/6/08
            Discharged: 4/11/08
            Finally closing: ???

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll go casual.

I guess I'm more worried that the trustee will want to push us into a CH. 13, since we're over the median and to pass the means test we need to be making the full payment on our mortgage ($4000) which we did in April, but only made the minimum in May ($2300), due to us trying to catch up on bills.
              I'm kind of annoyed, since after we filed our attorney told us it would be ok to make the lower payment, now they're telling us to make the full payment. And it's due on the 15th.
              They lead us to believe that the Trustee only looks at our budget before we file, not during the process.
              It's a little complicated, but it's driving me crazy.
              Filed Chapter 7 on 5-11-07 :aggress:
              341 Meeting on 6-13-07 :yes2:
              Discharged on 8-23-07 :yahoo::yahoo:
              Closed on 10-10-07 :D

Comment

I went casual to mine.

Good luck, Beach Bum.
                Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

We wore shorts and polos. There were a couple people dressed in shirts and ties or dresses. But most of us were in casual wear. One girl was in her pajamas at least thats what they looked like. LOL.
                  3/30/07 Petition signed
                  5/21/07 341 Meeting
                  7/20/07 Last day for Objections
                  7/25/07 DISCHARGED 7/30/07 CLOSED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X