Cherry Hill, NJ lawyer - not to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherry Hill, NJ lawyer - not to use?

Per a search of a post from a long time ago by someone named LostOne0069.

He says:

I'm GLAD to tell anyone who wants it what attorney NOT to hire in the Cherry Hil, NJ area. If I'd have listened to him we'd have been royally screwed.

Now, that having been said. I have worked for 2 different law firms in my carreer as a computer nerd and ALL of those attorneys (about 75 of them total) were pretty damn good at what they did. I think that the bad attorneys we've been running into here are the exception rather than the rule.

OK, I'm interested. I'm wondering if anyone knows who this is? Would love the answer to the question of what lawyer to AVOID! Just talked to one in Cherry Hill the other day - right down the highway. He seemed OK and spent over 2 hours with us for free, but of course we're going to interview others.

Also - my husband is also a computer nerd - that's why I hilighted that part. Just in case LostOne0069 sees this himself.
    March 2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    May 2008 - Confirmed
    May 2013 - Discharged / June 2013 - CLOSED

You might try sending a private message to Lostone0069. When someone sends me a private message, I receive an email notifying me that I have a private message waiting here. Maybe Lostone0069 has his or her profile setup for notification.
    I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

LostOne was a higher income filer, but below the Median. An automatic Ch 7 you'd think. The attny they hired waffled on them leading them to believe they were going to have to file Ch 13. You'd have to read all of Lost's posts to understand the story.

Eventually, Lost got fed up with their attny, fired the attny, and filed ProSe Ch 7. One little hiccup right after filing and before their 341. The UST's Office asked for a couple year's worth of documentation. Old CC's and Bank Statements. They sent more than was requested. UST was satisfied. They are since Discharged and Closed.

That's why Lost was so peeved at the attny they chose to hire.

At the time we (Lost and ourselves) were filing, the Law was still new. With the 10/05 filing rush, not many cases had gone thru. Lots of attnys were not sure what would and would not fly under the New Law. We are also below the Median and we too got the Ch 13 push from several attnys.

I don't blame Lost for feeling the way he felt and doing what he did. If we'd have listened to the first attny we Consulted, we'd probably be paying in a Ch 13 Plan right now. Thank Goodness we researched and learned to know better!
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

WHo's the attorney in Chery Hill - I have an appointment with one on Monday

Comment

Thanks -

to everyone for the answers.

Yes - howdidithappen - I still want a name, too.

I guess I'll have to PM the LostOne0069 and hope for a response.
          May 2008 - Confirmed

Comment

Ive hired an attorney In Cherry Hill, and so far (Knock on wood) have been pretty happy. This guy seems to know what he is doing. Ive had to do nada.
            I know who Lost one is talking about, his addy is really in Haddonfield I believe. PM me if you want to know more.
            WAM
            ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
            WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
            PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Never mind

I PM'd both of you..Good luck!
              WAM
              ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
              WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
              PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to be able to help out, even if it's in such a small way.

The two attorneys that I had negative experiences with are:

Steven Taib - He flat out told me we would have to do a ch-13 after talking with him for 10 minutes... without even looking significantly at my income statements that I had prepared. I never gave him a dime.

Joseph A McCormick - Told us lots of things that sounded exactly like what I expected during the initial meeting... chapter 7, fairly straightforward etc. etc. Then, after we hired him, literally the DAY we were to sign the BK documents and file, he says we have to do a chapter 13 as he read our income statements wrong and that'll be another $1500 please.

Now, your experience may be different... perhaps we cought them on bad days... I dunno. (after all, I don't want them to sue me for liable!) But my experience was not a positive one for either of these guys.

I try to get on the board once in a while to help out since so many here helped us when we were in need, but I frequently get busy and, as bk is not at the top of my thoughts these days, I forget and weeks will go by without me logging on.

Feel free to PM me if anyone has any other questions or if I can help out in any way.

Regards,

Donald
                Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
                341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
                Discharge: 1/12/07
                Closed:1/19/07

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Whew! We don't have appointments set up with either of those attorneys or groups!

Thank you all so much for helping out. Since we're going to use an attorney, it was extremely important to us. Still in the interviewing process right now, though.

I promise to lend out any helpful information I come across in this process if I can. So many people here are already so knowledgable!

Thank you again!
                  May 2008 - Confirmed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X