Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Years Out of BK. Debt Collector Just Called

Hi.

I am almost 2 years out of BK and a debt collector just called.

I answered the call and a recording asked me if I am "my name" , if I am "my name" press 1. I pressed 1 and then the recording said no operators were available. It then said that this was not a sales call but a call to collect a debt and for me to call 866-691-0300. I have not called it.

I have not made any new debts.

Does anyone recognize this phone number? 866-591-0300

Vision Financial Corp .... vonage is their biggest client

Comment

Thanks! I tried vonage for about a month once and recall that there was a zero balance after I cancelled the service.

They did try to add on an additional months fee after I cancelled but we straightened it out about 4 years ago.

Comment

You filed Old Law. Presumably Ch 7??

If so, I **believe** Old Law, No Asset, Ch 7 was a blanket Discharge. Even if you didn't list a specific Creditor, your debt was automatically Discharged.

Call the number. Tell the CSR you filed BK. When and where. Give them your Case # and you should be done with that one.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

It was filed ch 7 the Thursday before the new law came in force. Whew

I'm a little nervous about calling them. Maybe I should be more nervous about someone lurking around out there thinking I owe them something?

Thanks!
          Last edited by NonSequitur; 07-16-2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

if you havent incurred debt since your bk..no need to be nervous. Call them up...give them your case # and tell them to pound sand.

Comment

collector for vonage called again....

collector called again twice today.

i returned the call. collector said that i had vonage for 5 months until Dec, 2005, for a total of 5 months.

i had the service for less than 1 month. it was a crappy service and i am not surprised that their crappy employees failed to correctly record the time i ended our relationship.

i told the debt collector the same as above. she said that she will continue collections. i told her that it is against BK code to continue. she asked me the date i filed. i told her that i did not have my file present but that it was before oct 17, 2005. she asked me what county in this state it was filed. i told her. she said she would call me with more questions if needed.

<sigh>

Comment

I want to apologize for using the word, "crappy" in the last post.

Comment

Originally posted by NonSequitur View Post
                  I want to apologize for using the word, "crappy" in the last post.
                  dont apologize for that, I would have said a lot worst to those people...
                  NotFun
                  Filed: 10/31/2007
                  341: 12/05/2007
                  Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

Comment

hi, dont know if this is the right thread or forum for this but there are a couple websites good for finding out whos number it might be showing up on your caller i.d. (also dont know if i can post links here, but im gonna try)

whocalled.us

and

Phone Number Comments

this is a great forum, has helped me tons, ive been in the 60 day club for about 2 weeks now

Ken

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X