Car Repo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Repo

I have a question concerning car repo. I filed a chapter 7 and have completed my 341 meeting and now I am just waiting for my discharge. I have not made any car payments as I decided not to reaffirm since my car was upside down by up to $10,000 or more. My 341 hearing was 30 days ago as of 12 July and I have yet to hear a word from my lender concerning the car. Any idea why? Could it be they won't repo the car until after the discharge? I'm nervous all day everyday wondering when they might show up for the car. My lawyer have not received any info and nothing is posted in Pacer concerning the car. I was just wondering is this the norm or could I just have a string of new luck Any information would be appreciated. Also I will need a car after my BK discharge and was wondering if there was a better way to finance verses the auto dealers lot. Although they swear they can give me a deal that's how I ended up upside down on the car I'm in and it's not a great car. Any suggestions? Can I purchase prior to my discharge? Will anyone give me a decent rate after my discharge. Right now my score is 510 at Experian. HELP!

Since your 341 meeting has passed, so has your automatic stay. The repo guy can come any night and do his thing. Make sure you don't have personal items in the car. Mine was repo'd and I had to ride 200 miles round trip to get my stuff.

Forget about financing a car. I know, it suks, but deal with it..buy a beater and in a year or two buy a better used car. Buying a car is the FIRST thing just about everybody wants to do and I just don't get it at all. I guess they don't learn..oh well...
    NOTE: I am not a lawyer...any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. Legal questions should be directed to competent counsel. I am just a troll. Or a Toad.

Comment

Actually it's 45 days after the 341 hearing and they have to go through the courts to remove the stay if the bk has not discharged. I've done my homework on most of the info already and I continue to talk to my lawyer. As for you saying I can't get a car after bk there are plenty of post on this forum that disagree as well. Don't get me wrong I'm worried about the repo man but at the same time I do realize that this too shall pass.....

Comment

Originally posted by sara4 View Post
        Actually it's 45 days after the 341 hearing and they have to go through the courts to remove the stay if the bk has not discharged. I've done my homework on most of the info already and I continue to talk to my lawyer. As for you saying I can't get a car after bk there are plenty of post on this forum that disagree as well. Don't get me wrong I'm worried about the repo man but at the same time I do realize that this too shall pass.....
        So are you saying once you have your 341 meeting, they can't touch you for 45 days?
        NotFun
        Filed: 10/31/2007
        341: 12/05/2007
        Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

Comment

Not saying that at all just that they would have to go to court and ask the automatic stay be lifted that's all. BTW, I'm discharged and closed and the car is still here, go figure??
          sara4

Comment

Well depending on the laws in your county you possibly could get a junk deed for it in 60 to 90 days if they don't come pick it up

Has your lawyer had any contact from them?
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X