Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hhbdfh

Comment

After spending 20 years in the Army and moving from base to base with family in tow I racked up a significant amount of debt. Plus I was living like today is my last day after being deployed on multiple combat deployments. When I retired from the Army, my injuries from my service prevented me from being fully employed as a Freight Conductor in Nashville. Got laid off 5 times and could never regain my financial footing after robbing Peter to pay Paul. The bank would not re-negotiate my VA Home Loan and after writing a letter to my Congresswoman and Senator the foreclosure still proceeded.

Filed my first Chapter 13 with a previous law firm and the lawyer was incompetent as was his paralegal team. I filed in August 2008 and paid my proposed monthly amounts as outlined by the trustee only to discover that my case had been dismissed 4 times due to clerical errors. I never received notice from the court or lawyer about these dismissals. It was not until my car was repossessed did I learn what had transpired. I filed a complaint against my attorney with the Trustee and was told that they could not do anything about it. Spoke to the attorney and said he was fired. So after paying into the plan for 2 1/2 years I voluntarily dismissed my case because I could not afford payment into the plan and I had lost my mind (Lost my temper and ended up in the hospital for a month).

Eventually I received an increase in my VA Disability rating to 100 % and used the back pay to pay off the remaining unsecured debts but quickly discovered that the amounts went back up to the original claim amounts so the wild ride began again.....

VA, SSDI and CRSC pay count as disposable income after completing the means test and has been used to repay ALL of my creditors 100% of what I owed. I am now at the end of the road and will receive a discharge in March 2017, just plugging along and glad that this part of my mess is done and will NEVER go down this path again!

Comment

I am actually thinking to file for BK and one of my reason is credit card bills. Who among here have filed without attorney's help?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X