No announcement yet.

Newbie here: Stupid, Stupid Girl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasim Nicholas Taleb in the book "The Black Swan" says that if you imagine or picture something existing, in a way, you are pulling it from the future, and that thing already exists, you just have to create it physically. He uses the invention of the wheel as an example. The wheel existed in the minds of many people because it was the answer to a problem (moving heavy things) that had existed for a long time. The invention was inevitable because it was the answer that solved a particular real need. As my money problem grew more intense, I also "knew" what the inevitable solution was. I denied it for a long time because (as you said) It conflicted with my stereotype about me. Well, I am here to say that my stereotype needs to undergo some change. Its me that has to change, not the "answer" which was available.

Yes, I figure if my credit is screwed anyway, I might as well do the whole thing. I read about some business people who were both self employed (a couple). They could not prove their income so they were denied mortgages left and right although they made plenty of money. They found a lovely old borded-up house which was about to be torn down. They contacted the owner and bought the house for 1 dollar. They then found and did a RE contract on a small plot of land, and hired a basement excavator, and also a house mover and got a basement dug ad moved the house on it, and got their house, fully paid for for much less than most people pay.

These people could not get a mortgage.

I have been looking and have found 2 apartment complexes (affordable) that allow dogs, whether they allow me (after a credit check) is another question.
    Not all those who wander are lost....

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

I know that all of this is and can be scary. But I am here to let you know that I have literally been in BK since 2001. (chapter 7) and then in 04 and 05 and 06 to now, chapter 13. I have rented the entire time. I rent from complexes. I was up front with the situation. Their applications were specific about letting them know if in or had BK. In each case (Michigan) I had to pay a higher security deposit but I was NEVER refused a place to live. I have rented from some complexes that have housing all over the US. You will be ok. There are plenty of individuals who rent out places also. You will not be homeless. And my place also takes dogs and cats.

Comment

well, I have 3 dogs (toy size) and 2 cats. That is a lot. I am afraid it might be too much. The dogs are indoor dogs and litter box trained. 2 are around 6 pounds, (the cats are bigger) and one dog is 14 pounds. I will live in a car before I give up my pets. So far I have found 2 "complexes" possibly 3 that take "dogs" (unspecified). I prefer to deal with some one with a single apartment above a business. I guess I see "no pets" so often, that I forget some do take pets.

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

One Half full, if you do decide to let go of the house, do it during bankruptcy. You'll also show a foreclosure in your credit report, but that will be around the same date as your bankruptcy and creditors view those as one event rather than two. And so they don't consider it "as bad." If that makes sense. Hell, you're *bankrupt,* it's not surprising that you'd lose your house either.

There is hope. This is just the tough time.
          Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
          Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
          Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
          11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Originally posted by One Half Full View Post
            Nasim Nicholas Taleb in the book "The Black Swan" says that if you imagine or picture something existing, in a way, you are pulling it from the future, and that thing already exists, you just have to create it physically. He uses the invention of the wheel as an example. The wheel existed in the minds of many people because it was the answer to a problem (moving heavy things) that had existed for a long time. The invention was inevitable because it was the answer that solved a particular real need. As my money problem grew more intense, I also "knew" what the inevitable solution was. I denied it for a long time because (as you said) It conflicted with my stereotype about me. Well, I am here to say that my stereotype needs to undergo some change. Its me that has to change, not the "answer" which was available.
            Yes, exactly! You may even (and no, I'm not being smarmy here, I'm absolutely serious) find that this was the very best thing that has ever happened to you, not in that it was pleasant, but in that it forced you to step into the completely unknown and unfamiliar, leaving your places of safety, in order to meet and fulfill your destiny.

Course, that's all a retrospective view; right now it all sucks. But it WILL get better. There's an AA saying that I have always appreciated: if you keep on doing what you've always done, you will keep on getting what you've always gotten. It is SO good to see you willing to accept change and gathering the courage to step out of what has been making you so unhappy for so long.
            Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Regarding dogs issue, I never see or heard any partment/landlord allow more than one, or the most is couple, of animals residing in one/same unit. So, probably you would have to shuffle all 5 animals into one same unit I guess? (but must lie on the application & keep them quiet so neighbors can sleep?)

Comment

it may be that I might need to keep the house BKOnce. I am still paying my mtg-- no I am too scared to stop that. Although I state what I want, I understand the reality of the situation. I dont want it, but there it is. I will need to run this by my lawyer. He seems to think I should not get rid of the house. There are pros and cons to it.

My Promise to those little creatures (as gooney as it sounds because they are pests) is more important to me than the promise to a system that has failed me. I have a darling little Maltese (tiny fluffy white dog) who was found wandering in the bushes, hair matted a ton of fleas, with only one tooth in his mouth. He would be put to death if he was sent to the pound. He has an evil temperament-- all he wants is to be held on my lap. Jeepers!

I can't kill him. Giving him away would be a death sentence. I have a choice. He doesn't.

I was also thinking, why not get a trailer or mobile home? It's kind of country but it might be decent temporary housing.

So this is funny-- I was in Hillary's (Clinton's) little office downtown here and an old guy started to talk to me. He was Hillary's friend and had been for 20 years. He came down here from Boston, and had a spare house in DC (i.e. loaded). He starts trying to talk to me about moving to Boston! I had never thought of it because the costs are too high there. I told him I was going bankrupt, and possibly losing my house. I told him to tell her about me, and you guys. So I signed up to be a team leader for the caucuses and I am going to start looking into "other possibilities." WoW! I feel like Scarlet O'Hare at the end of "Gone with the Wind! "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again!"

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by One Half Full View Post
                  it may be that I might need to keep the house BKOnce. I am still paying my mtg-- no I am too scared to stop that. Although I state what I want, I understand the reality of the situation. I dont want it, but there it is. I will need to run this by my lawyer. He seems to think I should not get rid of the house. There are pros and cons to it.

So this is funny-- I was in Hillary's (Clinton's) little office downtown here and an old guy started to talk to me. He was Hillary's friend and had been for 20 years. He came down here from Boston, and had a spare house in DC (i.e. loaded). He starts trying to talk to me about moving to Boston! I had never thought of it because the costs are too high there. I told him I was going bankrupt, and possibly losing my house. I told him to tell her about me, and you guys. So I signed up to be a team leader for the caucuses and I am going to start looking into "other possibilities." WoW! I feel like Scarlet O'Hare at the end of "Gone with the Wind! "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again!"

Very good!... Next time, when you see Hillary, please kneel down, grab her legs, and begs... "Please adopt me! I' m naive as an innocent poor child!".... Guaranteed you will out of misery forever!... just kidding...

Comment

H aha I just added that because it would be interesting -- Just Once!!! to see evidence that the greater hoi-palloy was more than vaugly interested (as a hunter might be vaugly interested in whether the deer had some infectious disease)--

it'd be cool if I could wheedle (over the next few days) a position as a rich guys house sitter in DC!!! Cool!!!

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X