341 at 2:30pm today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 at 2:30pm today!

Ok, so I've gone through all the stressing and waiting for this meeting. I'm just a little nervous because my attorney didn't brief me about any of the questions. I'm hoping we will chat before we go in and see the trustee. Once I sent the papers off, I really felt better.

So, I'm moving Sunday to another state. My stuff is on it's way there (I'm thinking I don't know if I really ike Fedex-misinformation, but I digress).

I'm going into this meeting a bit sad. I'm going to miss the hell out of my best friend, and other friends. I will miss the pretty state I live in for the scenery, but that is about it. I've been here 13 years. Not really how I wanted to go out by filing BK, but what can you do? So back to the friend thing, my best friend has been pretty cool about this, and a few others know. And no one, cept for one said it was a bad idea. I tried and researched every other avenue I could think of. Some are excited for me, but also sad to see me leave. There isn't much here for me in this state. I'm rambling right now. The last few days have been crazy and chaotic. I got hurt on New Years Eve. I was sober and still managed to fall and bash my "good" knee. So, it's maybe bittersweet for me right now. I've had to finish packing, and ship stuff, and still have tons to do. But, like any human, I'm completely second guessing myself. I know a few people in the state where I am moving. Turns out a boyfriend from my teens lives about two hours from me in the new state. And I've got a few other people close by. I kno that I've hated where I've lived for a long time, and I should try somewhere else, really a complete fresh start. I'm even changing careers. (Well, still need to find a job). But, I'm kind of sad. I'm trying not to tear up right now, I'm at the library. (Not a good idea to cry here). I'm super thankful my mother has been completely there for me, she suggested BK, and has been there every step of the way, even offering me her condo in another state so I can start over without stressing over a lot of bills. I have promises to her that I intend to keep. (I was never a big spender, my bills got insane, hospital, etc.). And I'm super thankful that the friends that know have been supportive and discrete. And also thankful for my new friends here. Well, I've got to check emails, and stop talking But, wow, I needed to get that out. Thanks veryone!
    Filed November 2 2007
    341 Meeting January 4 2008
    DISCHARGED March 11 2008

*saying a little prayer for you*
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Thanks!

The 341 was most likely the quickest 5 minutes of my life. Ten questions and I was out the door. The trustee smiled at me. Odd. Anyway, my attorney said there was nothing raised from the trustee at all before the meeting. In fact, the other case that was his as well, was more complex and the trustee never got their paperwork. I can't believe how much time I worried over this. Not much you can do anyway after submitting all the paperwork. So, now I just wait. And I've got my hands full being in a new state.
      Filed November 2 2007
      341 Meeting January 4 2008
      DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

Our 341 was this past Monday and it took all but 3 minutes .. painless. So after not being able to sleep the night before, feeling sick to my stomach, DH being a nervous wreck, it was all for naught ... guess we should have listend to our att., he said there was nothing to be worried about. And now we are in the 60 day club .. WOO HOO!
        Night Shade
        Filed: 11/21/07
        341: 01/07/08
        Discharge & Closed: 3/13/08 :yahoo::clapping::yahoo::angel:

Comment

YAAAAAY!!!!! I'm so glad it went well for you both!!!
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Add me to the club! Our 341 was yesterday, and it, too, was maybe 3 minutes long.

I have one good story to share, too. An attorney representing one of our local creditors was there who I know both from my employment as well as through the fact he graduated with my brother probably about 42 years ago! Anyway, he was up at the conference table, and at some point he left the table to walk out of the room. I was somewhat embarrassed, of course, but we just both said hi to each other.

While in a small conference room talking to our attorney before our turn was up, there's a knock at the door, and our attorney steps out. He comes back and says "John" doesn't want to ask you any questions but just wondered if there is a specific event that caused this to happen, so he could report the same back to the creditor. We briefly explained my wife's loss of income, etc., which he related to "John."

Well, when our turn came up, "John" had stepped out of the meeting room so that when the trustee asked if there were any creditors present, there wasn't. So, of course, that made it go even easier. I just think that was so cool of him to do that!!

Now I just have to wait another 59 days to see if anyone objects!!
            11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
            01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
            03/12/2008 - Discharged
            03/21/2008 - Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X