2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Questions

Before I file BK, I was wondering if I go ahead this month a file my 2007 Tax, will I still get my return or does it matter when I file? And secondly, after I file, suppose I win the lottery 3 months after I file, can the BK be stopped?

Thanks in advance===CD

Hmmmmmmm...no replies. Do my questions not make any sense? Shall I rephrase them?

Comment

You would want to spend any part of your tax return on basic living expenses that isn't coverrd by exemptions before you file.

Not sure about the lottery question but it has been discussed in other threads. You could probably serch on lottery and find info.
      It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

I was just curious if you could stop a BK if I happen to come in to some money later down the road. I don't waste my money on the lottery.

Comment

Tax Refund...it won't matter when you file for taxes. The key is to get the Tax Refund in YOUR hand before you file and either spend it on necessities or put the money in an exempt asset.

And no, you cannot voluntarily stop a chapter 7 BK.

Comment

Thanks HHM

I'm trying to help out a friend thats in over there head.

What about stopping a 13?

Comment

Tax money, you need to turn a non-exempt asset into an exempt asset. Either spend it, or put it into a retirement fund that you can't take the money out of. I will be using mine to pay my lawyer.
              Not all those who wander are lost....

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Pay your lawyer??? I though if you were filing 13, your fees can be added in to your agreed payment plan. Am I right?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X