attorney not returning calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attorney not returning calls

i retained attorney many months ago and cost $2000 paid in full, he did file for me now have problem have left 3 messages at office over past 10 days to call me, to date, no return call wondering what i paid him for

Every BK attorney's feature==> File (case) & Forget (i), Deposit ($) & Done, Sign (paper) & Silent (phone calls)! ...

Comment

You didn't say whether you had signed the papers and he had filed them? Did you have your 341 meeting yet?

Most attorneys are extemely slow in how they handle things.....snail pace would beat them everytime.
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by buckaroo View Post
        i retained attorney many months ago and cost $2000 paid in full, he did file for me now have problem have left 3 messages at office over past 10 days to call me, to date, no return call wondering what i paid him for
        My 4th message would be - I'll be at your office tomorrow morning at 9AM. If that's inconvenient please respond with a time that will work.
        It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

attorney did the filing many minthw ago, 341 meeting same, in a 13 plan which dont think should have ever been in, guess chalk this one up to experience, dont trust attorneys

Comment

So was your 13 plan approved and you are making payments now?
            Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Many attorneys take weeks off during the holidays...... its not unusual......

Keep calling him.....
              Minny

Comment

i have paid 21 months into plan 15 more to go if i live that long, 74 now with health issues

Comment

Believe me, you will be able to hang in there. I know a trip to the lawyers office may be difficult, but if driving arrangements for you could be made, I sure would be at his office the minute the door opens...lol...just a thought.

Comment

i dont think he is ever in his office at least not to return calls to his client

Comment

called attorneys office this am,, asked that he call me 2pm came no call so called again, secretary said he would call me mondayu, i said thats not good, send me my files ten minutes later got call from another lawyer at the firm very nice, cvlaims lawyer did not recieve the messages anyways furnishing them with additional info so they can file ammendment to my chapter 13

Comment

Sounds like you got their attention!! Good job. I hope everything goes smoothly for you from here on out! Keep us posted.
                        Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
                        DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
                        Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
                        Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X