top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with savings before bankruptcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with savings before bankruptcy?

I have some money market accounts - prob only 2-3,000$ max. Do people close those before bankruptcy so as not to lose them? How does that work? I don't want to do anything fraudulent and am fine with using it for bills - just thought it would be nice to set aside to start an emergency savings. Also, what about kids savings accounts?

Have you looked up your state's exemptions to see if you might be able to protect those accounts?
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Originally posted by krielly View Post
      Have you looked up your state's exemptions to see if you might be able to protect those accounts?
      How do I do that? (sorry, I don't know anything about any of this) I live in Illinois and someone posted a link here once about income for something and we were under so I don't know if that is the same thing or not?

ETA: I would really hate to not be able to as they are the ONE thing I have done right.
      Last edited by marcie26; 03-13-2008, 09:33 AM.

Comment

This link might help

Illinois bankruptcy exemptions. Find out the property you can keep after filing bankruptcy in Illinois.

just google illinois bankruptcy exemptions

Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
        Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X