getting judgments off credit reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting judgments off credit reports

Has anyone had any luck getting judgments off their credit report? I called the courts today and they say they are in "decided status" and all he would say that meant was that it was "over".

Anyone?

Have you filed BK, is the judgment for a debt that was discharged in BK?

Comment

Originally posted by persephone View Post
      Has anyone had any luck getting judgments off their credit report? I called the courts today and they say they are in "decided status" and all he would say that meant was that it was "over".

Anyone?
      If the judgment was discharge in BK you need to go down to the local county courthouse (assuming it was small claims) and ask for the form "Order of Satisfaction of Judgment discharged through BK" I am a mortgage lender and do this for people all the time, take your discharge and schedule of debitors to a judge; he will sign off on it in minutes. Once the judge signs off on it you need to record it at the register of deed's office.

Very simple assuming it is small claims court. Once it is recorded in WI which costs $5.00 I would mail a copy of it to the credit reporting companies to show them proof. You will not get the info removed but it will show the judgment satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
        Have you filed BK, is the judgment for a debt that was discharged in BK?
        Yes, it was discharged in bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by halloweendmb1 View Post
          If the judgment was discharge in BK you need to go down to the local county courthouse (assuming it was small claims) and ask for the form "Order of Satisfaction of Judgment discharged through BK" I am a mortgage lender and do this for people all the time, take your discharge and schedule of debitors to a judge; he will sign off on it in minutes. Once the judge signs off on it you need to record it at the register of deed's office.

Very simple assuming it is small claims court. Once it is recorded in WI which costs $5.00 I would mail a copy of it to the credit reporting companies to show them proof. You will not get the info removed but it will show the judgment satisfied.
          Is this true of all states? I am in Indiana.

Thank you very much for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by persephone View Post
            Is this true of all states? I am in Indiana.

Thank you very much for the info!
            Yes it is true in all states,

Comment

All my judgements were removed when i disputed them through mycreditkeeper.com
              Filed BK on 10/19...
              341 Meeting Scheduled 11/26 @ 10am
              Discharged 1/30/2008

Comment

Originally posted by tiredofdebt1 View Post
                All my judgements were removed when i disputed them through mycreditkeeper.com
                We disputed ours also. Hopefully they will just come off. I have this information bookmarked incase it does not.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by halloweendmb1 View Post
                  Yes it is true in all states,
                  Thank you so much!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X