What if... vehicle and checking acct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if... vehicle and checking acct

It is my understanding the only way you can keep an auto or house is to not be behind on payments.

Comment

You will be protected by the automatic stay from any collection activity. As long as you're caught up by the 341, your car shouldn't be in jeopardy.
      The bank fees are dischargeable. The only caveat is,if there is some sort of crosscollateralization language in your banking agreement. If that's the case, you may have to pay the OD fees to keep the car.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...the car loan and checking account are at two different banks. BOA, who the car loan is through, said that after I make last months payment they can do an extension for 2 months to bring us current. I guess what I will do is put no more money in my checking account and let it draw any fees. If it has a positive balance on Friday, I will put in enough to pay my auto loan so it gets credited faster. Then I will file the extension next week and as soon as that goes through file my BK papers. I doubt BOA will do an extension if I've already filed bankruptcy. This is like the most confusing part of the entire BK paperwork!

Comment

I would be careful about putting any more money in that account in the hopes you can get it out of the negative enough to make your car payment. You are taking a risk that as soon as it is positive, they will snatch the money.

Can't you pay your auto loan directly, via money order??
          You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I could pay it by money order, I just really want to file this month and don't want to rely on the post office getting the money order there on time. The bank (BOA) doesn't have a branch here or that would be easy! I guess if I file now and then make that payment it would be okay. Except then they probably wouldn't do my extension. I'm just confused......

Comment

If you really want to keep the auto, I would send a money order instead of trusting the bank.

Comment

Absolutely. If you want to ensure it gets there right away, send it priority, and you could request return receipt for proof it gets there.

I would hate to see you deposit money for your auto payment, only to have it snatched up!!!!!!
                You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X