Is this normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal

OK I filed alone and it seems the US Trustee is asking questions about my wife. They want to know stuff like:
    - her expenses that are not household (like her car, student loan, her own credit card, etc)
    - they want to know her income which is odd because its all on the dang petition

Are they just checking to make sure she is not rolling in the money? I know my attny told the US Trustee that my and her income vs expenses we are WAY under the median.

Does this mean I am flagged for fraud? Pacer has no action since 3/17/08.
    Filed: 01/23/08
    341 Meeting: 02/29/08
    Discharged: 04/30/08
    Closed: 05/12/08

Gopher, I still think you're good. If you were flagged for audit based on fraud, or were being converted to an asset case because the trustee thought you and the wife have something to hide, PACER would show it. They're not shy, these trustee people.

So to me, no news is good news. Stay calm; I honestly think this is routine on their part because you're married but did not file jointly. Good luck!!!!
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Thank you Fresh - So how does it feel being all done with this? Did you pop open the bubbly and smoke the cig?
      Thanks for staying in touch -
      Filed: 01/23/08
      341 Meeting: 02/29/08
      Discharged: 04/30/08
      Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

Actually, for me it was getting through the 341. I didn't really celebrate the discharge as much as I did the 341.

Sorry, I wish I could tell you I danced nekkid in a 15-foot tall martini glass in Times Square with all the available off-duty bellhops I could round up, but no. There were no Freshly-blinded New Yorkers the next morning. I just slept a little more soundly.

I am so happy to be living a boring life again.
        Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeADaisy View Post
          Actually, for me it was getting through the 341. I didn't really celebrate the discharge as much as I did the 341.

Sorry, I wish I could tell you I danced nekkid in a 15-foot tall martini glass in Times Square with all the available off-duty bellhops I could round up, but no.
          What a let down.

ep
          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany View Post
            What a let down.
            Yeah, ain't it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X