Should I consider bankrupcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I consider bankrupcy?

aprox 35000 in debt, 25, recent college grad holding down a $15/hr job until i can find something salaried. Right now all my money is going into payments, and I'll be doing this for at least a year even if I get a good paying job.

Don't file bk if you can pay this off in 2 or 3 years.

Comment

It might be a tad premature to be thinking about BK.

Answer this...do you have to use credit cards to pay your bills, or can you at least cover all your bills with your income. Next, how soon are you likely to be able to get the better job.

I'd say, if you are having to use credit cards to pay your bills (or if your are robbing peter to pay paul), and the good paying job is more than 3 months away, I think you are candidate for BK.

Comment

You don't say what your debt is for? You mention you are a recent college graduate.......is any of this for student loans?

Student loans are not dischargeable in BK, so if the bulk of this is student loans, BK will not do anything for you anyhow.

K
        You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

thanks for all the input! this is pretty much all credit card debt... all bills are payable in cash...

on 3 different cards at the lowest rate they'll give me... would love to take out a loan to get it all on one payment at a low rate but given that my current job is supposed to be temp, dunno if i should do that right now

Comment

any further suggestions?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X