top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with Morse & Associates in Denver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with Morse & Associates in Denver?

Just wondering if any of you here in Colorado have used, or have any experience with Morse & Associates in Denver, CO?

Thanks!!!

Not yet ... I have my free consultation with them next week. Have you been yet?

Comment

My husband and I went to them Tuesday night. We are current on all bills and were told 'if you're going to file, stop wasting money on paying your bills'. He was right but we feel horrible for not doing it. I think it's just hard because we've never even been late on a payment. Now we're purposefully not paying them. We did the math, went over the numbers several times, and by next month we won't have the $ to pay our minimums and it'll get worse each month after that.

Anyway - to answer your question - we liked them. It's a small office and they're remodeling so things are messy but understandable. We were told the flat fee is $1300. He was very straight forward, no smiles, which is fine, but dude needs to lighten up. We were advised to close OUR account and to have separate ones. Also one vehicle is going byebye because we're both on the title. The other vehicle we were told we could keep even though it's worth more the allowed figure but in order to keep it we have to have a loan against it. I don't get it, but that's what we were told so that's what we're doing.

I recommend them. Just do the free consultation. Get a feel for it.

Comment

Not impressed. Not impressed at all.

I have to say that I'm getting a bit frustrated with M&A. Great consultation -- in-person which I liked -- in January. Provided all documents by late January and paid fees in full on February 13.

When I hadn't paid, I was told I'd be filed within 3 weeks of making final payment. But now that I've paid I feel like I was sold a bill of good.

I received my draft petition FINALLY in late-March. This was SIX WEEKS after I paid in full. They requested a couple additional documents (mostly pay stubs since it had been SO LONG since my initial consultation and final payment) and sent me a draft petition. The petition was riddled with errors. Incorrect account numbers and balances for student loans that had been paid in full 5 years ago.

I made all the correction, compiled all the additional documents, and mailed it all back overnight. I was told to expect a petition to sign within two weeks. That was two weeks ago.

Emails go unanswered. Phone calls take DAYS to return. I am VERY close to filing a BBB complaint with the Denver BBB. I am not impressed with their customer service once they have your money.

I really just want to ride this out because I don't want to even ATTEMPT to recover the almost $1600 I've paid them. And even if I could I don't want to start over with another attorney.

You're stressed out as it is and you can't get a call back or a status update from your attorney. It sucks. Right now I'm looking at over two months since I paid in full and there hasn't been any action taken on my behalf.
        Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
        341 - 8/24/09
        Discharged - 11/3/09
        Closed - 12/10/09

Comment

My advice if you Googled for this firm:

Stay away. Stay far away. Once you've paid them, you will never speak to an attorney again. It was THREE MONTHS and I still couldn't get a call back or speak to anyone but a secretary. I've fired them and retained new counsel. (I know - just what I have the money to do...)

My saga continues.
          Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
          341 - 8/24/09
          Discharged - 11/3/09
          Closed - 12/10/09

Comment

Fakename, this thread is a bit dated. We prefer if members do not revive dead threads.

Also, in general, we discourage discussion of specific attorneys.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X