Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule F Question

RE: Date Claim Was Incurred

How do you determine this if the final amount was a buildup over time?

Can you just put the date the card was opened?

eeks
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

a very good question, i'm in for the read.
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Bump - Anyone know?
      341 July 1, 2008

Comment

I Just Put The Date That I Started The Credit Card . It Worked For Me !

Regards, Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Yes, that's correct -- use the date the card was opened, and if you can, include the date you stopped using it. For instance, one of my accts on Schedule F read "January 1992 - January 2007" in that area. It doesn't have to be closed for you to put an end date on it; the date you stopped incurring charges is what counts here. And it doesn't have to be exact, either: guestimate if you have to. Good luck!!!
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

fresh - I was hoping you'd respond.

I looked on my statements and I couldn't find an opening date. I'm guessing that may be found on my credit reports?
            341 July 1, 2008

Comment

no need to respond. yep - the answer is the credit reports. I realize that now looking at my credit reports.

lol- this makes me think, go to the mattresses ~
              Last edited by danaf; 04-30-2008, 07:18 PM.
              341 July 1, 2008

Comment

Glad you got it all taken care of...

It's so funny... when I was doing mine, I lost so much sleep over various points like this one, only to find *oops* it was a no brainer. That was where seeing what other locally files cases looked like REALLY helped me, way more than even the book, because I could see how attorneys were actually listing various things and how the forms were actually supposed to work out. I spent a LOT of time on Schedule F; for me, it was one of the most difficult because I wanted to get it *exactly* right. And I did, but you should know it took me several tries...

Good luck!!! Please post if you have any other forms questions; I will be happy to help. Also, think about getting some local cases to look at -- do you know what local paper publishes your Ch7 notices? If you can find that, get 3-5 various atty-filed consumer (not business) Chapter 7 case numbers from the last three weeks or so, and look them up in PACER, saving the PDFs to your hard drive. You can use them as examples and not have to keep racking up PACER charges every time you wanna see how someone else did theirs....

I need not add that you MUST NOT copy them verbatim but just in case someone else reads this and thinks they can monkey-see monkey-do with this method, I'd like to set them straight right up front: DON'T copy someone else's bk filing!!! Just the style and placement and method, not the content.

*yawn* I think it's past my bedtime... good luck!!!
                Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X