No announcement yet.

Trustee--I Don't Understand This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The day of my 341 I sat through many cases of no asset chapter 7's. Actually there wasnt even one that was an asset that whole day. After checking Pacer I see that the prior day of chapter 7's for my assigned Trustee were all no asset as well. So thats 2 straight days of no 'extra' for him. He was as nice as can be even still. Definately did not seem to be there for the money!
    5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
    8/27-DISCHARGED
    11/2 - CLOSED
    EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Realize that all cases and trustees are different, however in my situation, this is the breakdown:
      60 mos Chapt 13
      Approx 40K payback
      Approx 4K Trustee take (10%)
      Divide this out by 60 mos = $66/mo to process our payment and distribute funds to creditors.

In our case, I think this is more than reasonable. It certainly beats the heck out of the minimum fee attorney's charge (for less than an hours work) - in our case, like $250.................

I don't have an issue with it at all. Again, I'm sure all cases are different. Just giving our breakdown as food for thought...........

K
      You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I fear that this is one of those challenges for which there is no "right" answer. If they didn't have the incentive to look for assets, then folks would complain that they're being too lenient on us bk filers. (We're "slackers" and "deadbeats" to a lot of the outside world remember.)

The older I get, the more I see situations like this where each set-up has its downsides and upsides. In any set-up, you're going to have some people who will find a way to take advantage. Listen, we'll never get human nature out of this process or any other process. No system will be perfect. That's a fantasy.

The most we can do is try our best to call out those who are abusing the system, trustees or judges or filers.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X