Help with Schedule F please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Schedule F please?

ok, i'm a moron and i locked myself out of my pacer account before i ever got into it because i can't remember which pet i used for my security question. that means i can't see example filed Schedule Fs and this is where most of my creditors fall until regular office hours on monday when i can get the acocunt unlocked.

my questions:
    1. if you have collection agencies (CA) to list, as well as the original creditor (OC) - do you put the balance each has communicated to you, along with the account numbers they each have for you, or do you just list the debt once so everything adds up nice at the end? (i think i know the answer here but i want to be sure i don't goof up).
    2. if you have CAs that relate to an OC debt, do you break the alphabetical order to list them in the next row down from the OC?
    3. if your account numbers are too long for the little tiny space on the schedule, can you truncate it to the last several digits? if so - how many is enough?
    4. is anyone else frustrated with the CH7 NOLO book for not having any CAs in their example schedule? LOL.
    5. whyyyyy are the text entry fields so freaking small on the online fillable forms? i don't even know if i can squeeze the addresses and info in with a typewriter.

thank you!
    Last edited by soleprop; 07-27-2008, 11:47 AM. Reason: wanted to add tags but found i couldn't.
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Originally posted by soleprop View Post
    [LIST=1][*]if you have collection agencies (CA) to list, as well as the original creditor (OC) - do you put the balance each has communicated to you, along with the account numbers they each have for you, or do you just list the debt once so everything adds up nice at the end? (i think i know the answer here but i want to be sure i don't goof up).
    oy found an answer quick for this one: list the amound of the debt only once. other questions i still need help with though, thanks!

Comment

What is a typewriter?

Typically, when using software to enter the info. The OC is listed and then the CA is listed as well with the description in the remarks box stating who it is collecting for with $0 for the amount. It may also be listed as Notice Only. In regards to your account numbers they are to be redacted and only the last 4 digits of the account number needs to be on your paperwork.

Good Luck
      Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

bkparalegal, thanks!!!

i ran across this on the interwebs and wonder if maybe i shouldn't just put all of the OCs in the schedule and then attach an appendix of the CAs, their addresses, and who they're collecting for - might come out cleaner...and it seems to follow this instruction:

if you don't think that's a good idea, let me know!

Comment

Soleprop, I wrote a post on this a while back; the procedure I describe is what I found in all the example cases I pulled in my district. I think it may help.

Good luck!!!
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

that's exactly what i was looking for - i had run across it once before but couldn't turn it up in a search - i added some tags and a post for the search feature - thanks FLAD!

Comment

I listed amounts only one time. Underneath the original creditor I listed all the other posisible addresses & collection agencies seperately, however in the amount column I put quotation marks. So, at the end all of my creditors were listed but amounts were only counted one time and the total debt amount was more accurate. This is what I read that I should do in the NOLO book.

Good luck.
              BK filed July 14, 2008
              341 scheduled for Aug 21, 2008

Comment

Thanks for the help i was also confused on how to list cas. Thanks
                Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
                341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
                Discharged 7/30/2009
                Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

I listed the original creditor and CA but just listed the amount once.

As for the account numbers, if it didn't fit I put "See description" and then listed the number in the column titled: DATE CLAIM WAS INCURRED AND
                  CONSIDERATION FOR CLAIM. IF CLAIM IS SUBJECT TO SETOFF, SO STATE.
                  Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                  341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                  Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                  Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X