Craigslist works!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist works!!!!

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been consumed with selling my leftover junk and I just wanted to say that Craigslist really works. At least for the stuff I have to sell, it's been absolutely amazing. I had response emails with seriously interested people almost immediately after posting. I guess taking my time and giving accurate descriptions as well as being fair with pricing and posting good pictures was the key.

It was great to find at least 2 small business owners that were able to take a lot of that stuff without me having to deal with many different people buying a piece here and there. I also made sure to list that all sales were CASH ONLY and were sold AS IS and haven't had any problems so far. People have been showing up with cash in hand and based on the descriptions and price, they don't haggle at all. I've also learned to ALWAYS give receipts with AS IS on it.

I'm so happy I'm finally going to have a few bucks in my pocket and won't have to deal with storage any longer.

P.S. I finally called "The Guy" and he seemed hopeful I would call. We went out for coffee and he seems pretty nice. I'm taking it REAL slow and we have a movie scheduled for this week. Seems like it's going okay so far.
    Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
    341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
    Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Great news!

Thats great news southernbelle!! Sooooo glad you had a good experience with cl, got some CASH and got rid of the nagging storage burden!!

Now about "that guy" - I must have missed something! Don't remember that post...But sounds interesting...

Grammy
    Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
    341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
    Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
    Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Congrats on all counts SB....

You sound like you have your life in order and I'm happy for you!

ep
      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

That is GREAT news 'Belle. I'll have to give Craig's List a try. Congratulations!! And good news about the fella too. Just slow and easy...
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

YEA!!!!! I am glad Craigslist worked for you! I love that site!! Grats on the guy, hope everything works out!!
          Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
          DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
          Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
          Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

So glad craigslist worked out, and no ebay seller fees. Awesome!

Glad you got your nerve up and had a coffee date, nice way to start and slow is good.

I smile when I see your post, you're proof positive that BK can have a happy ending.

Enjoy your new beginning! And here's to nothing but good things from here on out!
            Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Craigslist is awesome! Where else can you buy a car, sell used underwear, and pick up a cross dressing hooker in the same stop shop!

Comment

I'll have to try Craigs List too, I've just heard so much negative stuff about it (weirdos, etc) that I've been reluctant to give it a try. Glad you made a few bucks!

Have fun on your coffee and Movie date....(what movie do you think your gonna see?)
                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear you had a good CL experience! The CL'ers in my area...can be a little weird. OK, a *lot* weird.

Comment

I was apprehensive about CL at first because I didn't know what to expect, but I guess since I have mostly business equipment, I'm attracting people that own or are starting up their businesses so my case might be a little different, but overall no complaints.

I did have a few people to offer me really low ball bids, but I kindly replied "no thank you" and only called or replied to serious emails. The one thing I did do (out of paranoia) was to create a separate CL email through Yahoo because I didn't want to expose myself any more than I needed to with this thing.

I made a date with "The Guy" to see the new Batman movie (my idea). The last thing I needed was a romantic comedy or something to give this guy any wrong impression while sitting side by side in the dark. I'm actually surprised he's still even mildly interested because I'm not really divulging too much personal information, just in case he's some sort of psycho and I'm making sure to keep him at arms length until I know for sure he doesn't have a wife and 10 kids running around somewhere.

I wish I knew someone that could do a background check or run some fingerprints for me. Do you think this guy would be upset if I asked for a urine sample? LOL I guess it's my nature to be on the offensive due to recent unpleasantries with my ex.
                    341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647

Comment

Yes I agree CL is awesome....we have sold a lot o stuff in the past and with a couple of exceptions, everybody seemed very upfront, honest and the sales went well.

Comment

LOLOL about that urine test................'Hub
                        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by morallyBR2 View Post
                          Craigslist is awesome! Where else can you buy a car, sell used underwear, and pick up a cross dressing hooker in the same stop shop!
                          lol..not sure about buying the underwear...
                          (Signature removed by Moderator)

Comment

Originally posted by morallyBR2 View Post
                            Buhahaha! You've just described the typical San Francisco Craigslist experience

Comment

WOW!!! Glad I don't live in San Francisco. LOL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X