top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are chances of them repo'ing a 10 year old car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are chances of them repo'ing a 10 year old car?

So I haven't been able to make car payments to my federal credit union for about 5 months. But, I can honestly say they have been very patient with me as I've been letting them know I'm looking for work.

My car is a 98 Mustang that I owe $7400 on. It is 10 years old with 93k miles. Do you think they'll bother repo'ing it?

What does kelly blue book give as the value? There is another vehicle pricing guide too, but I don't remember what the name is.

Good luck!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

blue book for a private sell is around $7900. I can sell it easily but I need transportation. I'd like to sell it later on after I've gone through all BK procedures (after reaffirming) so that way I won't have car payments

Comment

NADA is the other source. I would be surprised if they did not take the car. For one, it is low milaige for ten years, two, it is a Mustang that is a popular car and could become "collectable". 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Even if the vehicle is not worth what you owe, they would probably take it just to get whatever they can for it.

Comment

I think credit unions are more likely to repo than some of the large loan companies... I know our CU told me after 60 days late they call out repo guys...

Comment

The decision to Repo has little to do with the value of the car...but I have to ask, how in the heck do you still owe $7,400 on a 98 mustang?

The fact that you have lasted 5 months is pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                The decision to Repo has little to do with the value of the car...but I have to ask, how in the heck do you still owe $7,400 on a 98 mustang?

The fact that you have lasted 5 months is pretty amazing.
                I guess because I've been so good with them with my last 2 car loans and I haven't missed any payments until this year being unemployed.

The Mustang I have is a top-of-the-line for that year, which is the Cobra with all the bells and whistle, and 300 horsepower V8 engine. Worth a heck of a lot more than a base model or GT.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X