bank deposits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bank deposits

I'm all most ready to file my bk ch7. I my mil has given us money to help out I deposited it 9/1/08 4000$. All was used on bills but still behind. Do I need to explain where this money came from? Does the BK judge go though your bank statement, and make you expain all deposits?
    I guess I could wait till next year if I only have to show 6 mounths of bank statments.

Yep, wait until next year to file - more than six months from Sept. 1, possibly 7 or 8, and hope/pray that you don't get a trustee who wants to see a year's worth of bank statements.

Comment

I've talked to a lawyer about filing but did not mention my banks deposits. Looking back thougth them I see a few deposits. I sold a car personel items , sold firewood cash advance on my C.C to make ends meet. This is why I know
      I had to do some thing. 3 weeks ago I did not think I had a finance problem. Now I know I do.

Comment

The trustee is the one who requests bank statements, and whether they do appears to vary by state/district. Our district doesn't require any bank statements, while some require only one and others require many months worth. I'd ask your attorney, maybe even interview a few more, so that you can plan your filing to best benefit you.
        Filed BK (Ch. 7) 6/2/08
        Discharged!! 9/24/08
        Closed..the end! 10/1/08

Comment

So the trustee the asks. I think talking to a 2nd attorney in order.
          Last edited by johnsopi; 10-16-2008, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnsopi View Post
            I'm all most ready to file my bk ch7. I my mil has given us money to help out I deposited it 9/1/08 4000$. All was used on bills but still behind. Do I need to explain where this money came from? Does the BK judge go though your bank statement, and make you expain all deposits?
            I guess I could wait till next year if I only have to show 6 mounths of bank statments.

Check when you do your next attorney interview but I don't see a problem as long as you can document the money went for bills. I'm not sure if the $4k would count as income toward the chapter7 means test.
            It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X