couple questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple questions?

if i file bankruptcy and choose to just walk away from my house.
    do i have to pay my property taxes that are due at the end of this year. also if i do walk from my house do i need to let the county know.

Another question i have is do i get to keep my tax refund next year or do i have to give it up?

lastly a dumb question , when i call to cancel my heating bill , will i have any trouble getting it again at new rental with my credit being so bad?

thanks guy i appreciate info

great questions - i don't know the answers but i'm in for the read. ;)
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

anyone have a thoughts ?

Comment

No, you shouldn't have to pay the property tax. They bank will need to take care of the taxes and contact the county to take ownership. When we foreclosed, we hadn't paid property taxes in 2 years. The bank paid them when they sold the property after we were gone.

Tax return will depend upon what chapter you filed, the district you live in, and who your trustee is.

Heating bill - You can't be denied heat, but you may have to pay a deposit. Depends again on the company and the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
          No, you shouldn't have to pay the property tax. They bank will need to take care of the taxes and contact the county to take ownership. When we foreclosed, we hadn't paid property taxes in 2 years. The bank paid them when they sold the property after we were gone.

Tax return will depend upon what chapter you filed, the district you live in, and who your trustee is.

Heating bill - You can't be denied heat, but you may have to pay a deposit. Depends again on the company and the area.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

About insurance... I'm not sure how to work this in my case. Our mortgage is with USAA. Our bank is also USAA and our home insurance is through USAA along with our automobile insurance. Well we just switched our direct deposit to a new bank. This 4th will be our first mortgage payment we don't pay. Well because we won't be using this bank anymore... we also won't be paying our insurance. Unless we can just ask the bank to bill us instead of it coming out automatically...

But since I have heard from people who have had USAA cancel their insurance... would they really cancel the homeowners insurance when they also hold the mortgage?

Can we just worry about getting new car insurance in December and not worry about the home insurance? I'm not sure how to go about paying for that and not our mortgage when it's with the same company...

Comment

When are you moving out of the home?

Comment

As soon as my husband finds us a rental home in Ohio and gets the mover set up through his work. Should be mid December if not sooner. We have a few houses right now that we might be able to get...

Comment

If the policy will cancel in December, just turn the house over to the bank. Give them the keys and it will be their responsibility.

Comment

It's supposed to go until February according to our last statement... but we pay monthly. And the money won't be in the bank anymore so they won't get paid.

So we should send them the keys even if we aren't planning to file bk until like August? Will it make them hurry anything up? Is there a downside to just sending them the keys 10mos before filing?

ty btw. I hate asking what seems to be stupid questions

Comment

I don't see any issue with it. If you are not going to be living there, hand it over to them. It doesn't matter when you file, you will include the foreclosure on your BK. There are a lot of people, (including me) who foreclose and never file BK.

BTW, don't just send them the keys. Tell them you are leaving and ask them how they want to go about taking possession.

Comment

ok thank you. I guess I just didn't know if it would speed up the foreclosure and then me end up needing to file bk sooner because of being responsible for the deficiency etc.

Comment

Even if they were able to get you a deficiency,they wouldn't be collecting prior to when you file. You will be fine, it won't technically be a foreclosure. You are forfeiting the house before that happens.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X