It's now official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's now official

I just got my paperwork from my lawyer that I have filed for Bankruptcy (going for CH 7), and I felt a bit scared all over again.

Scared that it went from talking about it to doing to OMFG it's happened!

My 341 is on December 22. I will need to tell my manager and I'm thinking of taking the entire day off because I know I will not be any good to anyone that day. She's been very supportive of the whole matter and I can't say enough good things about her. It's sort of scary with it being so close to Christmas.

If all goes well and there are no snafus, this will all be over in February - the deadline listed is 2/20/09.

So..does anyone know anything about the trustees for Missouri, specifically the St. Louis area? I'm supposed to go to the courthouse in Downtown St. Louis.

And does anyone have any companies to suggest for my Financial Management course that has reasonable fees? I am not going to go back to Greentpath if I can help it.
    sigpic
    Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
    Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
    Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

I remember feeling all of the same things you're describing. Try to worry about the things you CAN control and not to worry about the things you CAN'T.

We had our counseling through CFEFA (Consumer Financial Education Foundation of America) because it was the absolute cheapest we could find. It was mind-numbingly boring and there wasn't too much I learned that I didn't already know. The pre-Bankruptcy class was $35 for a couple and the pre-discharge class was $15 so husband and wife can get it all done for only $50.
    Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
      I remember feeling all of the same things you're describing. Try to worry about the things you CAN control and not to worry about the things you CAN'T.

We had our counseling through CFEFA (Consumer Financial Education Foundation of America) because it was the absolute cheapest we could find. It was mind-numbingly boring and there wasn't too much I learned that I didn't already know. The pre-Bankruptcy class was $35 for a couple and the pre-discharge class was $15 so husband and wife can get it all done for only $50.
      Thanks, I'll check them out. I know others feel the same as I do, it's just the feeling of being told they're filing and seeing the official paperwork that makes it feel real.

I'm okay with mind numbingly boring stuff, as I do it all day at work. <--mind turning to mush
      sigpic
      Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
      Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
      Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

hey anime chicka, Try not to worry too much. I know its so stressful. Sometimes I think I'm going insane from it lol. Our 341 is Dec 9 and its in StL. as well. I'll post here and let you know how it goes. We are surrendering our house and hoping the trustee tries to sell it. If so, we would get some money for homestead. If not....

I can't believe how fast things have gone downhill for us. My work has all but dried up since we filed the end of Oct. Hopefully the trustee will be as nice as possible.

Good luck

Comment

Bankruptcy equates to: HITTING YOUR HEAD ON THE WALL, BECAUSE IT FEELS SO GOOD WHEN YOU STOP! 'Hub

Hang in there. Be pleased you are in the front of the line.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The Trustee meeting will be over in minutes, you will see, HE/she is going to ask you a couple easy questions about your finances that you have listed already, ask you if you read everything and that if everything you have stated is true, name, address,ssn and thats about it, so do not get all hyped up and worried because it will be all over before you even know it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X