Creditors addresses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors addresses?

Ok The bills i'm current on I have the statements and the addresses. But what about old creditors/CA. Our CR's have an address will that work? I think i read you need the payment address. I'm wondering what others have used? Or should I call the number on the CR to get the address?

Oh i wanted to add the address on the CR is not the same as the bills.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Our attorney told us to list the the payment address. However, when I faxed over some info they needed to add to our matrix they used an address on the bill that said use this address for all other inquireires

Comment

I'm more concerned about the CA that we don't have any info on. Just have whats on the CR.

Comment

I would just use the address on your CR for the old creditors. Even if its not accurate, creditors have the responsibility to report current mailing addresses to the CRA's. If the address turns out to be wrong, it will not cause that debt to not be discharged. The mail matrix is what the court uses to generate BK notices and its not an all-or-nothing type of deal.
        Filed Chp 7 Pro-Se 8/1/08
        341 - 09/03/08
        Discharged 11/5/08

Comment

So how does that work, if we file on the OC's. Can the CA's still collect?
          If we don't know who has the account at the time we file are we covered from them still collecting? Or do we need to know who holds the account and file them?

Comment

When you file chapter 7, all eligible debts are wiped out. You get a discharge notice basically saying "Your eligible debts are Gone", not " ABC collections is gone, but Wells Fargo is not because the address was wrong" etc.

Basically in a no asset chap 7 everything except past taxes, student loans and child support can be eliminated.

If you file on the collection agency and later the original creditor comes looking, you just have to tell them you filed BK. Same goes for the other way around.

If you have a no asset case, even if you leave a creditor off the paperwork, if there were no funds to distribute, the debt can be included in the bankruptcy if it would have been eligible at the time you filed.

HTH
            341 - 09/03/08
            Discharged 11/5/08

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle Mama View Post
              When you file chapter 7, all eligible debts are wiped out. You get a discharge notice basically saying "Your eligible debts are Gone", not " ABC collections is gone, but Wells Fargo is not because the address was wrong" etc.

Basically in a no asset chap 7 everything except past taxes, student loans and child support can be eliminated.

If you file on the collection agency and later the original creditor comes looking, you just have to tell them you filed BK. Same goes for the other way around.

If you have a no asset case, even if you leave a creditor off the paperwork, if there were no funds to distribute, the debt can be included in the bankruptcy if it would have been eligible at the time you filed.

HTH
              Ok cuz i thought if i forgot to put a debt/creditor in the BK i was SOL.

Comment

You do want to be as complete as possible but if you honestly forget a creditor, its usually not a problem unless there are/were funds available to dole out.
                341 - 09/03/08
                Discharged 11/5/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X