Schedule J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule J

When you did schedule J(budget) did you round up or down. Or did you list the exact amount for things like mortgage or phone bill. Things that are the same every month.
    What about things you normally buy with a refund and don't budget each month. Like we started buying a truckload of firewood(we have an outdoor woodburner) each winter with our tax return. I figured $40 a month for this. But this doesn't usually come out of monthly expenses. We have only done this once and planned on buying another load with our 2008 return.

Another problem we are not sure yet if we can exempt our 2008 refund. But seeing schedule J is more for the trustee, should I leave it off if we are close in exepenses/income? But it really is our only heat payment. Other then the 2nd mortgage which is paying off the woodburner. LOL

What would you put down for clothes for a family of 6? Its hard to figure we always used our refunds for school clothes and other things and cc's if we had the credit on them. We never budgested out of the income.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
    when you did schedule j(budget) did you round up or down. Or did you list the exact amount for things like mortgage or phone bill. Things that are the same every month.i rounded up.
    what about things you normally buy with a refund and don't budget each month. Like we started buying a truckload of firewood(we have an outdoor woodburner) each winter with our tax return. I figured $40 a month for this. But this doesn't usually come out of monthly expenses. We have only done this once and planned on buying another load with our 2008 return.we buy wood once a year and i broke it down into monthly payments. Now, remember to stick to your budget or else you won't have any money left for you firewood!

another problem we are not sure yet if we can exempt our 2008 refund. i read on a post that the poster's attorney exempted their estimated 2008 tax refund by putting it in the forms. I'm going to ask my attorney about this when i see him in jan but seeing schedule j is more for the trustee, should i leave it off if we are close in exepenses/income? But it really is our only heat payment. Other then the 2nd mortgage which is paying off the woodburner. Lol

what would you put down for clothes for a family of 6? Its hard to figure we always used our refunds for school clothes and other things and cc's if we had the credit on them. We never budgested out of the income.although, i don't buy clothes on a monthly basis, i used the irs standards figure.
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

What is the standard for clothing for IRS? I think its more then we can afford. I know the groceries one was way more.

We can exempt our tax return with things like the wild card or if there is any left over from the equity in the house.

Comment

What is the standard for clothing for IRS? I think its more then we can afford. I know the groceries one was way more.

We can exempt our tax return with things like the wild card or if there is any left over from the equity in the house.
        Here's the site to look up your district: http://legalconsumer.com
        The allowance is "not what you can afford", but given to you as an expense you can deduct from your schedules.
        Yes, you can exempt your equity with a wild card if your State allows the wild card. Are you in California?
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
          Here's the site to look up your district: http://legalconsumer.com
          The allowance is "not what you can afford", but given to you as an expense you can deduct from your schedules.
          Yes, you can exempt your equity with a wild card if your State allows the wild card. Are you in California?
          Well it does come down to what we can afford. With our other expenses we can't afford much if any for clothing each month.
          Not sure we have to list something wouldn't the trustee question 0?

Comment

Well it does come down to what we can afford. With our other expenses we can't afford much if any for clothing each month.
            Not sure we have to list something wouldn't the trustee question 0?
            Can you really afford a ch 13 payment? If you have NONE left over, how are you going to buy clothes for your family for the next 3-5 years? Are you trying to keep a home and that's why you are filing ch 13?
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I think the OP is filing Ch. 7 not 13. At least that is what most of their other posts seem to indicate.

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                Can you really afford a ch 13 payment? If you have NONE left over, how are you going to buy clothes for your family for the next 3-5 years? Are you trying to keep a home and that's why you are filing ch 13?
                We are not filing a 13.

Comment

That's what I thought.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X