I don't know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what to do

My problem is the equity in our home. We need it to be less then the $42,550.
    Thats using the federal homestead and wild cards. We want to exempt our tax refund. But thats about $5000. Plus exempt our wages. It would be nice to use the wild cards on something else. I'm just afraid that we will pay $350 for an appraisal for it to come back about the same.

There is $17,000 in value more if we file in 2009. I'm trying to figure out the best plan.

We can file this month.(of course time is running out) use state exemptions.
    The equity in the house is all exempt but there is no wild card or anything to exempt our tax refund. Or wages.

File this month use federal exemptions, but we would not have enough even with wild cards to exempt the whole equity in the house. Not to mention still losing our tax return and maybe wages?

Wait until next year to file after we have gotten and spent our tax return and file state seeing we have to much equity to file using federal. still would lose wages.

I guess its worth it to pay $350 for an appraisal at hopes it comes back low.

UGH!
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Bribe her lol...sorry just kidding ya..I think you maybe right tho...

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post

Yea i wish i could. LOL I don't think our house is worth what the county says. So I hope they apprasier agrees with me.

Comment

Wish us luck, the appraiser is coming tomorrow. He was first going to come Monday but good thing he can come tomorrow! XCROSSING FINGERSX Good things are coming our way.

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post

ROFL! I was thinking the same thing...or throw clothes, papers and magazines all over the place & make it real dirty & stinky with dirty dishes in the kitchen just for the visit. Take off the doors & curtains and hang sheets in the doorways & windows. I am just kidding of course but they dont want all of that stuff anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
            Wish us luck, the appraiser is coming tomorrow. He was first going to come Monday but good thing he can come tomorrow! XCROSSING FINGERSX Good things are coming our way.

Fingers crossed here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
              ROFL! I was thinking the same thing...or throw clothes, papers and magazines all over the place & make it real dirty & stinky with dirty dishes in the kitchen just for the visit. Take off the doors & curtains and hang sheets in the doorways & windows. I am just kidding of course but they dont want all of that stuff anyway.

How do you know its not already that way. LOL

I told dh this is one time i'm glad he hasn't gotten around to the many projects on his list.

Pretty sad when we want our house to come back with a low appraisal.

Comment

Read that tactial bankruptcy manual. The lawyer talks about using the equity in house to fix only what's needed.

Nothing illegal, just good stragety

Comment

The appraiser was here this morning. Not sure it going to go our way. He said he is having trouble finding comps. It has to be in the past 6months. For homes that have sold. yea not many things around here and not many things selling. I have a feeling though its may come under the $161,000 but above the $144,000. Which means we wasted $350. Not to mention time.
                  Dh seems no trouble in waiting. Well i do. I'm worried about the 2 accounts taht have been in collections for 3 yrs. 1 has already sent a complain and summons. Not to mention I don't want to make this drag out any longer then we have too.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X